DutiesAs a Supply Systems Analyst, GS-2003-09, you will perform the below duties: Manages the Retail Supply Standard Army Management Information System (STAMIS) in the Material Management Branch. Reviews, analyzes, and interprets supply directives and guidelines to formulate and implement effective operating procedures to achieve optimum logistical support. Develops criteria and administers procedures to affect and ensure the validity of the quality assurance programs within the branch. Performs analysis and assessment of logistical program requirements to eliminate problems and deficiencies. Develops and establishes controls to ensure that results of workload requirements identify systemic problems and enhance mission accomplishment. Performs surveys and studies of branch supply operations to determine proper application of improved supply methods. Analyzes data input and statistics extracted from data processing systems to assure adequacy and accuracy of products and functions. Determines and analyzes trends in effectiveness and efficiency to be used for improving undesirable conditions, accountability of items, expenditure of funds, and management of resources within the branch. Oversees the preparation of budget estimates and maintenance of funds accounts for the branch. Performs a full range of supervisory personnel functions. Implements accepted provisions of personnel management such as equal employment, merit promotion, career development, performance appraisals, employee counseling, incentive awards and position management. May select or contribute to the selection of subordinates. Listens to employee grievances and deals with union representatives as required. Establishes performance standards, authorizes leave and is responsible for time and attendance. Ensures adequate training is available for employees within the branch. Initiates formal requests for personnel actions. Ensures accuracy of position descriptions. Ensures a safe working environment for all employees in accordance with current safety and OSHA requirements/directives. Performs other related duties as assigned. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position.
- This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the employing state's National Guard, required prior to the effective date of placement.
- Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform.
- Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment.
- Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- This position is not part of a bargaining unit.
NOTE: Qualifications are based on breadth/level of experience. In addition to describing duties performed, applicants must provide the exact dates of each period of employment (from MM/DD/YY to MM/DD/YY) and the number of hours worked per week if part time. As qualification determinations cannot be made when resumes do not include the required information, failure to provide this information may result in disqualification. Applicants are encouraged to use the USAJOBS Resume Builder to develop their federal resume.NOTE: This position is being advertised as an indefinite appointment and applicant selected may be released at any time subject to a 30-day notice and advised of his/her rights and benefits to which entitled. In the event a permanent employee is accepted for this indefinite position, there will be a change in their tenure from permanent to indefinite. Indefinite appointments may be made permanent at a later date without competition.WHO CAN APPLY:
- All qualified Male/Female Enlisted Member (E5/SGT - E7/SFC) or a Commissioned Officer (O1/2LT - O3/CPT) currently in the Virginia Army National Guard Military Technician Program. GROUP II
- All qualified Virginia Army National Guard Male/Female Enlisted Member (E5/SGT - E7/SFC) or a Commissioned Officer (O1/2LT - O3/CPT), regardless of employment status (Traditional, Military Technician or AGR). To be considered as a Group II applicant, proof of appointment/enlistment in the Virginia National Guard must be attached if the appointment/enlistment occurred within 60 days prior to, or during, the advertisement period.Military Grades:
Enlisted Member (E5/SGT - E7/SFC) or a Commissioned Officer (O1/2LT - O3/CPT) GENERAL EXPERIENCE
: Applicant must have texperience performing analysis of supply management procedures, services, and directives and to plan, organize, review, evaluate and perform limited supervisory responsibilities over subordinates. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE :
Applicant must have at least 12 months experience, education, or training equivalent to at least the GS-08 Level or equivalent pay band in other pay systems in the Federal Government. This experience may also have been obtained in the private sector but must demonstrate that it is comparable to the WS grade indicated. This experience must include activities such as: Experience performing analysis and assessment of logistical program requirements to eliminate problems and deficiencies. Experience developing and establishing controls to ensure that results of workload requirements identify systemic problems and enhance mission accomplishment. Experience preparing requests for filling vacancies or for additional personnel to meet workload requirements. Experience implementing specific and general provisions of programs for equal treatment of all employees. Additional information
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( Register | Selective Service System : Selective Service System (sss.gov) ).