RequirementsConditions of Employment Candidate must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement. A one-year probationary period will be required upon selection. Social Security Card must be presented at the time of appointment. If you are selected for this position, the documentation you present to complete the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS E-verify system. Federal Law requires verifying the eligibility of all new hires. The Navy Exchange Service Command is an E-Verify Participant. Incumbents of this position must be U.S. Citizens. Candidates/incumbents must be eligible for and obtain a Secret Clearance. QualificationsDEGREE:
- Collaborates with NEXCOM Code F to ensure accounting data and source paperwork supports timely and accurate financial statements. Identifies and fixes errors in financial records.
- Analyzes financial performance and prepares management reports for NHG stakeholders and operators.
- Monitors and reports on budget variances.
- Coordinates with and supports Code F on all accounting needs and inquiries.
- Works with all NEXCOM Codes on any financial related concerns, opportunities and future planning.
- Ensures on-going financial sustainability through timely analysis, planning and financial training of NHG team.
- Develops return on investment on capital projects and conducts post-project validation and financial analysis.
- Monitors and analyzes cash flow to inform operational and investment decisions.
- Analyzes per diem and operational costs to recommend changes in room rates.
- Develops and implements commercially accepted hotel metrics and practices to inform NHG business operations.
- Conducts information briefing on NHG and individual lodging brand business performance.
- Coordinates with Code F in updating and maintaining finance / accounting policy relevant to NHG.
- Develops annual operating budgets and prepares inputs for the capital budgets.
- Annual Room rate analysis.
- Performs the full range of direct and indirect supervisory responsibilities over team consisting of three direct reports.
- Position requires in-state and out-of-state travel less than 10% of time during the year.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be eligible for and obtain a Secret Clearance, within 6 months of appointment. Failure to obtain will result in termination.
- The incumbent of this position must file a Financial Disclosure Report (OGE) Form 450, as required.
Accounting; or a degree in a related business field that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. OR A COMBINATION OF EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant's background must also include 24 semester hours in accounting or auditing courses; or completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing. AND SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Six (6) years of experience that provided a broad knowledge of one or more functional areas of financial management, such as: budgeting, corporate accounting, auditing, financial analysis, program evaluation, financial or statistical reporting that included developing, coordinating and executing financial plans from development through execution; conducting financial operation reviews, and supervisory experience; or similar work which demonstrated the knowledge and abilities of financial management. Education
Please read the "Qualifications" section. Additional informationBenefits 2023 Open Enrollment Video:
https://www.nafhealthplans.com/video-library .Retirement Video: