RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will interface with Fleet representatives and other Program Offices for inter-related product support matters, serve on Senior Management advisory Committees, and assists in the formulation and execution of goals, plans, and budgets.
- You will ensure the Capability Development Document (CDD) requirements for availability, reliability, sustainment, operations support cost, training and manpower are met.
- You will manage, monitor, evaluate and coordinate the execution of Integrated Product Support (IPS) to ensure achievement of desired outcomes through development and implementation of appropriate product support arrangements.
- You will ensure all program requirements have proper product support for relevant system, system-of-systems, and shipbuilding have support throughout their life cycle.
- You will develop, justify, and execute the product support budget for product support programs as well as working any programmatic issues and ensure product support planning is synchronized with overall program plans.
- You will ensure systems product support strategy elements are incorporated into acquisition documentation, procurement specifications, contracts and engineering documents.
- You will manage product support activities including ensuring all operational usage data is collected, analyzed, and acted upon as required as well as oversee currency of product support strategies and establishes long term plans for major changes.
- You will lead the product support definition, transition to, and implementation of next generation systems and be the subject matter expert in all phases of the product support requirements.
- You will also support customer requirements interpretation, life cycle product support strategy development, product support planning, implementing product support processes, analyzing Fleet feedback, and defining budgeting and funding requirements.
- You will provide advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders, (e.g.; Flag/SES, Enterprise Directorates, and General Accounting Office) on a wide range of product support issues.
- You will establish and maintain liaison with all activities, organizations and commands directly involved with the introduction, maintenance, and support of systems.
- You will participate in the development of correspondence, management plans, instructions, and directives necessary to ensure effective communication among all activities participating in logistic support programs.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Generally, current federal employees applying for GS jobs must serve at least one year at the next lower grade level. This requirement is called time-in-grade. Time-in-grade requirements must be met by the closing date of this announcement.
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final TOP SECRET security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is covered under the Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA). Certification in the Acquisition Functional Area and category assigned to the position is required within established category timeframes.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience
at or equivalent to the pay band NH-03 (GS-13 equivalent)
in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: applying a wide range of integrated logistics principles to support the acquisition and/or Life Cycle Sustainment Management of integrated product support functions.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management web site: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational-Series
0346 Classification Standards: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/classifying-general-schedule-positions/standards/0300/gs0346.pdf
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional informationThis is a RE-ADVERTISEMENT
of Announcement Number: ST-12008769-23-EEE
. Applicants that have previously applied NEED to re-apply to this announcement.This position is part of the Department of Defense Civilian Acquisition Workforce Personnel Demonstration Project. The NH-4 broadband level encompasses positions equivalent to GS-14 and GS-15.
Positions may or may not have a control point within bands. If the position has a control point; thus, the salary range for this position is capped at GS-15, step 05 which is currently equivalent to $176,458. If your current salary is above this amount, your salary may be matched.
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Additional vacancies may be filled by this announcement.
Applicants rated ineligible on this vacancy announcement need to reapply and update their application package to be considered on future vacancies filled through this announcement.
Applicants selected and hired on this vacancy announcement need to reapply to be considered on future vacancies filled through this announcement.
Certain incentives (such as Recruitment, Relocation or Student Loan Repayment) may be authorized to eligible selectees.
A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee. A relocation incentive may be authorized.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
If you are unable to apply online and request information about the Alternate Application process, please contact the Department of Navy's Employment Information Center.Federal annuitant information:
The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf ICTAP Applicants:
To be considered well-qualified and exercise selection priority as an ICTAP candidate, displaced Federal employees must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a rating in the highly qualified category (score 85) or higher. ICTAP candidates must provide copies of all of the following documentation at the time of application: 1) agency notice; 2) most recent performance appraisal; and 3) most recent SF-50 or notification of personnel action that includes position, grade level, and duty location. Applicants who do not provide this documentation will not receive consideration as an ICTAP candidate. For more information about ICTAP eligibility please review the following link: http://: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/working-in-government/unique-hiring-paths/federal-employees/career-transition/ Military Spouse Preference applicants
will be placed at the highest grade for which they have applied and are determined Best Qualified (BQ). A BQ military spouse possesses knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies comparable to others who meet the competitive referral criteria for the specific position.PPP applicants
will be placed at the FPL, if determined Well Qualified (WQ). To receive priority consideration, the FPL must be the same grade level or equivalent of the retained grade or the grade held immediately prior to separation.