RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will serve as a HYPERSONIC WEAPONS MISSION PLANNER in the COMMAND GROUP-CMSA LANT N00, OPERATIONS DEPT N3, MISSION PLANNING DIV N33 of CMSA LANT NORFOLK, VA.
- You will develop and maintain a high level of Hypersonic Weapons Planning System (HWPS) proficiency and general understanding of TLAM mission planning within the Department of Defense (DOD).
- You will collaborate with geopositioning and weaponeering division to verify target characteristics and weaponeering solutions.
- You will support and participate in the Direct Testing (DT) and the Operational Testing (OT) of HSW mission planning systems.
- You will perform joint fires integration and space and airspace control measure coordination with Space Force and Joint Forces Air Component Commander (JFACC).
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final TOP SECRET security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or fail the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Passport.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, or other fields related to the position.EXPERIENCE:
Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-11 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector:
- Experience performing Tomahawk Land to Air Missile (TLAM) and Hypersonic Weapons (HSW) system mission planning, distribution and execution processes and procedures, and weapon systems complimentary to TLAM and HSW sufficient to effectively develop hypotheses, theories, collaborate, integrate, adapt, influence and significantly impact the operational plans and strategic policy decisions supporting POTUS, SECDEF, and the supported Joint Task Force or Geographic Combatant Commanders.
- Experience evaluating kinetic and non-kinetic threats to TLAM and HSW sufficient to apply and address established, as well as theoretical, risk to current and projected operational areas of interest. Decisions are made that significantly influence the mission planning model.
- Experience utilizing current and future designs of Tomahawk Command and Control System (TC2S) Architecture related to navigation and geospatial data processes associated with TLAM and HSW planning necessary to analyze and integrate current and evolving GEOINT and Multi-Int technologies and solutions into the mission planning process as well as the weapon systems configuration management roadmap.
- Experience maintaining standalone and enterprise navigation, imagery, and geospatial data systems, and understanding of complex data technologies and related computer architectures supporting TLAM and HSW mission planning sufficient to meet or exceed command mission planning production goals, as well as to mitigate external systems and services support upgrades and outages.
- Experience evaluating, determining, and applying solutions to resolve system failures and enable continuous mission planning efforts across two distinct classification domains, over sustained periods of time.
- Experience performing quantitative and qualitative techniques and methodologies sufficient to analyze complex plans, strike rehearsals, and exercise scenarios; articulate observations and findings; and implement solutions to enhance overall mission/combat readiness.
- Experience serving as the principal authority and technical expert regarding plans, programs, and policies as they relate to Navigation, Imagery, and Geospatial Requirements and Planning; navigation route planning data, geospatial, and multi-intelligence support data and acquisition systems matters; and emerging geospatial technologies directly supporting TLAM and HSW mission planning.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: Transportation Specialist Series 2101 (opm.gov)
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. EducationEDUCATION:
Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study -- accounting, business administration, business or commercial law, commerce, economics, engineering, finance, industrial management, statistics, traffic management, transportation, motor mechanics, or other fields related to the position. Additional information
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.