As a SENIOR INSURANCE REGULATORY POLICY ANALYST, you will:
RequirementsConditions of Employment This opportunity is also open to any US citizen to apply under Announcement 23-DO-931-P. Please refer to that announcement for details on open period, eligibility, and how to apply.
- Serve as a project leader or team leader in analyzing the economic, financial and policy implications of developments related to insurance and reinsurance companies and markets.
- Formulate, conduct, evaluate and carry out a wide variety of analysis of policy issues under review by the Department. The results of the analyses and evaluations involved in these efforts are a major input into the Treasury's policy-making on these subjects.
- Assist the Director in performing the duties, exercising the authorities, and fulfilling the responsibilities of the Office and the Director under the Act.
- Develop, produce, and prepare research, policy statements, briefing materials, Congressional testimonies, Congressional reports, periodic status reports covering ongoing issues covered by the Office, official correspondence, and other official pronouncements for the Secretary of the Treasury and other senior Treasury officials.
- Coordinate research of considerable magnitude on insurance-related issues covered by the Office.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service . One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume. Key Requirements: Please refer to "Conditions of Employment." Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying. Must be U.S. Citizen or U.S. National
All new hires will be required to comply with federal ethics laws. A review of financial or other interests may be conducted to determine if they create any real or apparent conflict of interests with official Treasury duties. Qualifications
You must meet the following requirements within 30 days of the closing date of this announcement.SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE FOR THE GS-15:
You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience requires meeting both A and B below :A. Experience in writing, researching, analyzing data, or providing legal advice on insurance issues in at least ONE of the following four areas of focus:
1. Cyber insurance or cybersecurity for the insurance sector; OR
2. Climate-related financial risk in the insurance sector; OR
3. Macroprudential policy or regulation of the insurance sector; OR
4. Terrorism risk insurance. AND
B. Experience in at least TWO of the following three activities:
1. Developing written analyses or summaries (such as memoranda, reports, briefs or articles) regarding either:
-The economic, financial, legal, or policy issues associated with the U.S. insurance sector or
-International issues related to insurance (such as work relating to international standards or agreements, or multi-national companies); OR
2. Analyzing research, information, or data related to the U.S. or international insurance sector; OR
3. Advising on or otherwise using laws and regulations relating to insurance, or financial services, such as State or Federal insurance or financial regulation or legislation. Time in Grade:
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following time-in-grade requirement, if applicable: For the GS-15, you must have been at the GS-14 level for 52 weeks.Additional informationOTHER INFORMATION:
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargaining unit position.
- A recruitment incentive may be offered.
- Relocation expenses may be offered.
- We offer opportunities for telework.
- We offer opportunities for flexible work schedules.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Must successfully complete a background investigation.
- Complete a Declaration for Federal Employment to determine your suitability for Federal employment, at the time requested by the agency.
- Have your salary sent to a financial institution of your choice by Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer.
- If you are a male applicant born after December 31, 1959, certify that you have registered with the Selective Service System or are exempt from having to do so.
- Go through a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) process that requires two forms of identification from the Form I-9 . Federal law requires verification of the identity and employment eligibility of all new hires in the U.S.
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
- This position requires that the successful candidate undergo personnel vetting, which includes a background investigation and enrollment upon onboarding into "Continuous Vetting." Enrollment in Continuous Vetting will result in automated record checks being conducted throughout one's employment with Treasury. The successful candidate will also be enrolled into FBI's Rap Back service, which will allow Treasury to receive notification from the FBI of criminal matters (e.g., arrests, charges, convictions) involving enrolled individuals in near real-time. For more information about individual rights, Noncriminal Justice Applicant's Privacy Rights - FBI , FD-258 Privacy Act Statement - FBI , and SEAD-3-Reporting-U.pdf (dni.gov) .
Our comprehensive benefits are very generous. Our benefits package includes:
- Challenging work, opportunities for advancement, competitive salaries, bonuses and incentive awards.
- Eleven paid holidays, 13 days of sick leave, and 13 to 26 days of vacation time each year.
- Access to insurance programs that may be continued after you retire.
- A wide choice of health insurance plans, coverage for pre-existing conditions, and no waiting periods. We pay a substantial amount (up to 75%) of the health insurance premiums.
- A retirement program which includes employer-matching contributions.
- Learn more about Federal benefits programs at: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Pay_and_Benefits