RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Create tools to prepare unstructured, semi-structured, and structured financial data the FBI receives through authorized processes. This will constitute a centralized, enterprise- wide capability for the cleaning of financial data, including software, infrastructure, and process enhancements that reduce time and labor associated with collecting and normalizing financial records in preparation for analysis.
- Assist in formulating strategy for vertically, and horizontally integrating major mission area functions and data on a U.S. Government-wide and FBI-wide basis. Responsible for assisting in defining and implementing integrated systems architecture that achieves related goals.
- Provide expertise to support FBI investigative and intelligence programs in the development of software and hardware systems.
- Identify potential computer application and networking areas.
- Meet with managers, users, and others to solicit cooperation and resolve problems.
- Research and development of vulnerabilities and tools to enable close access and remote
- Lead and initiate software development projects for tools used in technical operations.
- Assist Information Technology infrastructure management for operations, provisioning, maintenance, patch/license management, networking, security, and evidence handling.
- Participate in software development of tools used in technical operations.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret-SCI clearance
ALL applicants must verify completion of the basic education requirement by submitting a copy of college transcripts by the closing date of the vacancy announcement. QualificationsSpecialized Experience (SE)
: Applicant must possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level. SE is defined as follows:
- Analyzing problems to develop solutions involving computer hardware and software.
- Conducting research involving experimentation and modeling.
- Designing computers and the software that runs them.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of computer networks.
In addition to the above:GS-14
: Applicant must possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 grade level. SE is defined as follows:
EducationPositive Education Requirement
- Determined feasibility and applicability of methodological advances in computer science for an organization.
- Designed, developed, and implemented new information processing models, representations, and methodologies to solve administrative, investigative, law enforcement, and system requirements.
- Formulated and developed computer science policy and standards.
- Maintained liaison with external organizations to ensure the incumbent's organization has the most up to date capabilities.
- Analyzed advances in analytic methodologies to evaluate computer science foundations and functional requirements of an organization.
This position has a specific education requirement; all applicants must verify completion of this basic educational requirement by submitting a copy of their college transcripts by the closing date of the vacancy announcement.
This position has a specific education requirement; all applicants must verify completion of this basic educational requirement by submitting a copy of their college transcripts at the time of application submission. Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements provided you can show foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States.BASIC REQUIREMENTS
: All applicants must have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or bachelor's degree with 30 semester hours in combination of mathematics, statistics, AND computer science (15 of the 30 semester hours MUST have been in any combination of statistics and mathematics that included differential and integral calculus). Courses designed to provide an introduction to computer science techniques and methodologies are acceptable; courses in teaching elementary, business or shop mathematics are NOT acceptable.
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the above requirements provided you can show foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. Additional informationAvailable Incentives
In order to recruit and retain highly qualified candidates, selectees may be eligible for relocation or recruitment incentives. To be eligible for a relocation incentive, proof of change in residency will be required. Prior to receiving a relocation or recruitment incentive, an employee must sign a written agreement to complete a specific period of employment with the FBI at the new duty station.
As the federal agency whose mission is to ensure the fair and impartial administration of justice for all Americans, the Department of Justice is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. To build and retain a workforce that reflects the diverse experiences and perspectives of the American people, we welcome applicants from the many communities, identities, races, ethnicities, backgrounds, abilities, religions, and cultures of the United States who share our commitment to public service.