RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Responsible for providing treatment services, and performing the full range of clinical treatments, including consultation, evaluation and treatment of emergency, complex and routine cases in the field of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Develop an individualized biopsychosocial treatment plan based on the child and adolescent's diagnosis, personal and family history, current family situation, laboratory and other diagnostic tests and procedures.
- ***SUPERVISORY POSITION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Supervisory positions will serve as an expert in the field of Psychiatry.
- Supervisory positions will participate in quality assurance, and quality improvement studies, utilization review, risk management, and peer review activities.
- Supervisory positions will plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, prepare schedules for completion of work, develop performance standards, and evaluate work performance of subordinates.
- ***ADULT PATIENT POPULATION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Provide treatment services in any capacity including, but not limited to, assessment, medication management and disposition of psychiatric patients including making arrangements for hospitalization if needed.
- Provide routine, intensive, complex and emergency intakes and extended evaluations for a variety of emotional, psychological, and behavioral disorders.
- Provide continuing follow-up care for chronic patients with acute disorders and complications of these disorders, such as psychosis, organic brain syndrome, substance abuse/addictions, etc.
- ***ADULT AND CHILD/ADOLESCENT PATIENT POPULATION JOB DUTIES BELOW***
- Treatment entails individual, family, group psychotherapy, and medication management.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required.
- This position may have specific initial background investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its duties may require interaction with children and youth under the age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Selectees may be required to sign a statement (Condition of Employment) consenting to seasonal influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to pre-employment screening and random drug testing. Selectees will be required to consent to participation in random drug urinalysis testing.
- A pre-placement medical examination may be required.
- Immunization screening may be required. Hepatitis B immunization is required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on the type of position.
- May be required to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not supersede BLS.
- May be required to possess and maintain a valid stateside driver's license.
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical privileges.
- This position may include shift work (evenings, weekends, holidays).
- This position may require rotating shifts (i.e. work schedule that requires employees to continuously rotate from one shift to another at predetermined intervals).
- This position may require the incumbent to work during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
- This position may require the incumbent to work on call during irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends, holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
- This position may require the incumbent to work weekends and/or holidays.
- Moderate to heavy lifting may be required.
- Additional requirements may be determined as positions arise and will be communicated during the hiring process if you are selected.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Basic Requirement for Physician (Psychiatry)/Supervisory Physician (Psychiatry):Degree:
Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association; Association of American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education; Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school must have provided education and medical knowledge equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing Examination.Licensure
: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.Graduate Training:
Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had at least one year of supervised experience providing direct service in a clinical setting, i.e., a one-year internship or the first year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution accredited for such training.In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements listed below:Residency Training for GP-14 Position:
Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Psychiatry) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 4 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.Residency Training for GP-15 Position:
Applicants must have successfully completed the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the position to be filled (Psychiatry) and equivalent experience and training equal to at least 5 years. Experience may not be substituted for residency training that is required for the specialty identified.If you are selected for a Physician position:
A salary quote will not be provided to you at the time of the initial job offer. The salary determination process begins after the initial job offer is accepted. This Activity Compensation Panel is responsible for determining base pay and market pay, therefore a starting salary is provided once approved.Salary for physician positions is based on a tier scale, determined by the position specialty, grade, and location. This announcement may be used to fill positions at any of the tier's listed below:
- Tier 1: $115,587 - $282,480
- Tier 2: $115,587 - $306,600
- Tier 3: $120,000- $336,000
See Qualifications section for education requirements. Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- A recruitment or relocation bonus may be authorized.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- When you perform a Civilian Permanent Change of Station (PCS) with the government, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) considers the majority of your entitlements to be taxable. Visit https://www.dfas.mil/civilianemployees/civrelo/Civilian-Moving-Expenses-Tax-Deduction/ for more information.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- Permanent Change of Station (PCS) allowances may be authorized, subject to the provisions of the Joint Travel Regulations and an agency determination that a PCS move is in the Government Interest.
- Term positions: One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Supervisory positions: One year supervisory probationary period required. A one year probationary period is required if the selectee has not previously met this requirement.
- Salary negotiation may be available for those candidates who are new to Federal service.
- Student Loan repayment may be authorized.
- Permanent, term, part-time, intermittent or temporary positions may be filled from this solicitation. Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is temporary, full-time, part-time, or intermittent
- Intermittent Positions: This position does not provide guaranteed work hours each week, and work will be assigned on an intermittent "as needed basis." This position will NOT lead to a full-time position.
- Intermittent employees are NOT eligible for benefits (Health and Life Insurance) (Annual and Sick Leave).
- Temporary Positions: A temporary position is time limited and may be extended in one year increments to a maximum of three years and may be terminated at any time during the duration of the appointment.
- Term Positions: A term position is time-limited and may be extended to a maximum of eight years.
- Supervisory and non-supervisory positions may be filled from this solicitation.
- Position may require employee to wear a uniform and/or protective clothing.
- Some positions filled from this register may support the Federal Government's response efforts to COVID-19
- Position may be designated as Inclement Weather Essential.
- Position may be designated as Emergency Essential.
- Position may be designated as Key.
- Position may be designated as Mission Essential.
- This may be an obligated position.