RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Administer emergency care for injuries at accident sites.
- Provide medical care as a Paramedic.
- Perform preventative checks on trucks and equipment on a daily basis.
- Maintain tools and equipment for the organization.
- Provide advanced or detailed patient assessment by conducting a systematic evaluation of the patient's condition and selects from a variety of prescribed protocols the one that he/she considers appropriate under the given circumstances.
- Operate telephone and radio-communications equipment and systems to communicate with receiving facility.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools and works in all phases of firefighting/rescue operations.
- Use a variety of light rescue tools and equipment for removal of victims/patients.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires the completion of pre-employment and periodic subsequent medical examination in accordance with DoDM 6055.06 to ensure continued, required level of physical health and ability or fitness to perform the duties of the position.
- This position requires participation in the Fire Division's Fitness and Wellness Program that includes a cardiovascular physical fitness program IAW NFPA 1583 and DODI 6055.06.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment screening, and random testing thereafter, to include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- This position is subject to screening and update of required immunizations unless exempted for medical or administrative reasons in accordance with Army Regulation 40-562, Chapters 3 and 4.
- This position has a mandatory seasonal influenza vaccination requirement and is subject to annual vaccination.
- This position has a mandatory Hepatitis B immunization requirement.
- The duties of this position require the incumbent to possess or obtain and maintain a valid state Driver's License in one of the 50 U.S. states or possessions to operate vehicles.
- Work requires a valid U.S. Government motor vehicle operator's license within 3 months of employment.
- This position requires you to obtain and maintain a valid Emergency Operators certification within 12 months of employment.
- This position is subject to recall after normal duty hours and is subject to an uncommon tour of duty: 72 hours work per week (144 hours per pay period) which includes evenings, weekends, holidays, or special situations.
- This position requires the incumbent to wear the prescribed uniform and/or personal protective equipment while on duty.
- This position has a requirement to lift up to 50 lbs. in the regular performance of duties.
- This position has been designated Mission Essential. In the event of severe weather conditions or other such emergency type situations the incumbent is required to report to work or remain at work as scheduled to support mission operations.
- This position requires the incumbent to conform to the requirements set-forth in the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) 1500, Fire Department Occupational Health and Safety Program.
- This position requires successful completion of an annual Job Performance Test.
- Due to the nature of this position, employees are required to work both planned and unscheduled overtime. This position performs, as required, mutual aid support to local fire departments.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .Specialized Experience:
One year of specialized experience which includes responding to fire and rescue incidents such as brush, forest and structural fires, hazardous material spills, release and containment and decontamination; work providing intermediate/advanced life support treatment to patients within the pre-hospital environment performing such duties as patient assessment and intervention which includes circulatory assessment; cardiac monitoring and monitoring of cardiac arrest; performing Advanced Life Support (ALS) employing a variety of established emergency techniques, methods, and equipment. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-08).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone -- no substitution of education for experience is permitted. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 12 - Safety and Occupational Health position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/ .