This direct hire public notice is to gather applications that may or may not result in a selection.As an IT Specialist/Inspector (INFOSEC), at minimum you will:
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Conduct inspections, assessments, and reviews to ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Department of State's systems, networks, and information is maintained through systemic planning, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of processes.
- Review and assess information technology (IT) principles, methods, and security practices to protect and maintain the availability, integrity, confidentiality, and accountability of information system resources.
- Advise on IT security policies and procedures to ensure the protection of information.
- Accomplishes risk analyses, security assessments, and verification of compliance against federal IT statutory requirements, standards, and guidance.
- Incumbent will be subject to random drug testing.
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit: www.dhs.gov/E-Verify/
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Completion of a Financial Disclosure (OGE-450) is required by this position.
- Incumbent may be required to carry a Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) cellular device and maintain a personal working cell/home telephone at all times.
- Overtime may be required.
- Status and non-status applicants selected under this authority are required to serve a mandatory one-year probationary period.
Applicants must meet all the required qualification requirements, including education, and any selective placement factors described below by the closing date of this announcement. If you are qualifying based on education OR if there are mandatory education requirements listed below, you MUST submit a copy of your college transcript with your application.Must have IT-related experience demonstrating EACH of the competencies listed below:
- Attention to Detail - Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Oral Communication - Expresses information orally and in written format (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
- Problem Solving - Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
ANDApplicants applying for the GS-14 grade level must have at least 1 full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service which provided you with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties of the position. Qualifying specialized experience must demonstrate the following:
There is no substitute of education for specialized experience for the GS-14 position.Education
- Experience in assessing/reviewing security programs across multiple platforms.
- Experience with using relevant and current IT industry and federal stands to review and assess systems operations.
- Experience in interpreting and applying IT systems security principles, concepts, and methods.
- Experience in staying current with new and updated IT security developments.
- Experience in interpreting and applying project management principles and methods.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
- Recruitment Incentive:Recruitment, relocation or other incentives may be offered if found to be in the best interest of the government.
- For reasonable accommodation at the U.S. Department of State, please contact the Office of Accessibility and Accommodations at (202) 663-3474 or OAA@state.gov .
- If eligible, telework agreements may be permitted with supervisory approval.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement. Telework eligibility and security clearance requirements may vary for such similar positions.