As a Contract Specialist (Direct Hire), you will:
This announcement is being used to create an inventory of applicants for Contract Specialist (Direct Hire) position and will be used to fill immediate and future needs.Applicants are encouraged to apply early in order to maximize their employment opportunities. Your application will remain in the inventory of tentatively qualified applicants. Applicants that are among the best qualified will be referred to the selecting official for consideration as requests to fill vacancies are processed by the Human Resources Office. Referral lists will be generated throughout the open period as vacancies occur. If further evaluation or interviews are required, you will be contacted.
- Perform all contract administration functions ensuring contractor compliance with contract provisions.
- Responsible for all pre-ward and post-award functions on assigned contracts; and acquisitions include all types of cost and fixed price contracts primarily for extensive technical services in support of the organization's research programs.
- Perform cost/price analysis, including review of cost breakdowns to determine reasonableness and conformance to applicable regulations, directives and policies.
- Provide authoritative advice and guidance to management in addressing complex issues affecting the procurement program.
This is an open continuous announcement. Qualified applicants will be considered as job opportunities occur and may or may not receive further notification regarding the status of their application. RequirementsConditions of Employment Due to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC's) process enhancement to use Shared Certificates throughout the Agency, some of the requirements below may differ:
QualificationsBasic Qualification Requirements:
- US Citizenship required.
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov ).
- May be subject to a Background/Security Investigation. Security clearance level may differ from the position announced when certificates are shared.
- CDC participates in the USCIS Electronic Employment Eligibility Verification Program ( E-Verify ). E-Verify helps employers determine employment eligibility of new hires and the validity of their Social Security numbers.
- Direct deposit is required.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses may be paid: No
- This position may be subject to a Collective Bargaining Agreement.
- Supervisory position: No
- This position has a Federal Acquisition Certification (FAC-C (Professional)) and continuing education requirement.
- This position may be subject to the OGE Financial Disclosure requirements of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978 (P.L. 95-521). CDC inspires public confidence in its trust responsibilities and mission by maintaining high ethical principles. If selected, you may be required to complete a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) to determine if a conflict or an appearance of a conflict exists between your financial interest and your prospective position with the agency. If identified, this will be an annual requirement.
- In accordance with Executive Order 12564 of September 14, 1986, The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is A Drug-Free Federal Workplace. This position may require a Drug Test and be subject to Random Drug Testing. The position may require the submission of a urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment and be subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug testing upon hiring. If required to submit to urinalysis, the appointment to the position will be contingent upon a negative test result.
1. Completion of all mandatory training prescribed by the head of the agency for progression to GS-13 or higher level contracting positions, including at least 4-years experience in contracting or related positions. At least 1 year of that experience must have been specialized experience at or equivalent to work at the next lower level of the position, and must have provided the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the work of the position.
2. A 4-year course of study leading to a bachelor's degree, that included or was supplemented by at least 24 semester hours in any combination of the following fields: accounting, business, finance, law, contracts, purchasing, economics, industrial management, marketing, quantitative methods, or organization and management.Exceptions
: Employees in GS-1102 positions will be considered to have met the standard for positions they occupy on January 1, 2000. This also applies to positions at the same grade in the same agency or other agencies if the specialized experience requirements are met. However, they will have to meet the basic requirements and specialized experience requirements in order to qualify for promotion to a higher grade, unless granted a waiver.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
To qualify at the GS-13 grade level, you must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower grade level, which must include the following experience: providing contracting services for the acquisition of supplies, services, and/or construction; performing pre-award and post-award functions for a variety of procurement actions; and applying cost/price analysis techniques.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
Promotion potential: NoADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Current workforce members - Effective February 1, 2023, current workforce members certified at Levels I, II, III will automatically be certified in the FAC-C (Professional).
- New Federal employees - FAC-C (Professional) requirements shall be followed which includes 12 months of full-time experience applying a representative sample of technical contracting competencies.
For information on "People with Disabilities" please see http://opm.gov/disability/PeopleWithDisabilities.asp
and https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/disability-employment/getting-a-job/sampleschedaletters.pdf .
Former and present Peace Corps personnel may be considered to fill vacancies. Peace Corps personnel are eligible for consideration if you have completed at least 36 months of continuous service, without a break in service of 3 days or more. This requirement is consistent with section 7(a) of the Peace Corps Act (22 U.S.C. 2506), which pertains to the appointment of Peace Corps staff (not volunteers) and is applicable within 3 years after separation from qualifying service with the Peace Corps. A copy of your SF-50 is required to support your request.
Peace Corps Volunteers may be considered to fill vacancies. Executive Order 11103 provides eligibility for appointment in the competitive service for any person who is certified by the Director of the Peace Corps as having served satisfactorily as a Volunteer or Volunteer Leader under the Peace Corps Act and who passes such examination as the Office of Personnel Management may prescribe. Education
Education completed in colleges or universities outside the United States may be used to meet the education requirements. You must provide acceptable documentation that the foreign education is comparable to that received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. For more information on how foreign education is evaluated, visit: https://sites.ed.gov/international/recognition-of-foreign-qualifications . Additional information
Positions may be available in multiple locations across the United States, or eligible for telework and remote work opportunities, based on the Center for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC's) Workplace Flexibilities Policy.
The salary listed is Rest of U.S. (RUS). Locality pay will be adjusted to reflect location negotiated after selection. If selected, you will be required to sign a Workplace Flexibilities Agreement. Find more information on locality and pay scales .This position is being filled through Direct Hire Authority for this occupation and is open to all US Citizens.
Vacancies will be filled through OPM's Direct Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. All applicants who meet the minimum qualification requirements will be forwarded to the selecting official for consideration. Applications received as a result of job fairs, recruitment events, and emergency hiring mechanisms in support of this hiring initiative will also be accepted during the duration of the direct-hire authority.
For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire- May be required to work other than normal duty hours, to include evenings, weekends and/or holidays.
This position has been designated as remote and may be eligible for inclusion in the Bargaining Unit.The name of the union, Local and BU Codes will be provided upon selection.
The Federal government, as the largest employer in the Nation, can and should show the way towards achieving drug-free workplaces through programs designed to offer drug users a helping hand, and at the same time demonstrating to drug users and potential drug users that drugs will not be tolerated in the Federal workplace if declared a drug-testing position. The use of illegal drugs, on or off duty, by Federal employees is inconsistent not only with the law-abiding behavior expected of all citizens, but also with the special trust placed in such employees as servants of the public.
The utilization of shared certificates within multiple Centers of the Center of Disease Control and Prevention may be used from this vacancy announcement for specialties to include but not limited to: Applied Epidemiology, Behavioral Epidemiology, Chronic Diseases, Emergency Preparedness and Response, Emerging Infectious Diseases, Environmental Health, HIV/AIDS, Immunization, Infectious Diseases (e.g. Viral, Parasitic, etc.), Influenza, Malaria, Non-communicable Diseases, Outbreak Investigations, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs), Surveillance, Tropical Medicine, Tuberculosis (TB), Viral Hepatitis, and/or Zoonotic Diseases.
Recruitment and/or relocation incentives may be authorized.
Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized: No