RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will plan use of personnel, equipment, facilities, and materials on a daily or by project basis.
- You will investigate work related problems such as excessive costs or low productivity and determines causes.
- You will recommend restructuring positions when necessary to achieve the most effective and economical utilization of personnel.
- You will take action to prevent or correct situations that may give rise to complaints of discrimination and/or sexual harassment.
- You will ensure education in, compliance with, and practice of security directives, good safety, and heath habits in all work areas.
- You will determine training needs of employees based on current and future requirements and maintaining administrative records.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver's license.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination
- This position is considered Key/Non-Combat Essential. You will be required to provide immediate and continuing support of the expeditionary requirements in other than combat or combat support situations.
- This position is subject to work an uncommon tour, including nights, weekends, and holidays to meet mission requirements. Overtime or night differential pay and/or unusual duty hours may be required.
- Emergency recall and overtime may be required.
Although a specific length of time and experience is not required for most trade and labor occupations, you must show through experience and training that you possess the quality level of knowledge and skill necessary to perform the duties of the position at the level for which you are applying. Qualification requirements emphasis is on quality of experience, not necessarily the length of time.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the job elements and screen out listed below.
This job has a screen-out element which will be used to determine minimum eligibility for this job. The Screen-out Element for this position is: the ability to perform common tasks under general supervision including implementing sound personnel policies, practices, and procedures.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/federal-wage-system-qualifications/#url=List-of-Approved-Job-Elements .
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
The employee is required to possess and maintain appropriate Wastewater Treatment Plant Operators Certification, Class I or II from the Virginia Department of Professional and Occupation Regulation.
The employee is required, to train and/or guide lower graded employees in performance of duties.
Must be able to safely and properly wear all personal protective equipment including respiratory protection respirator required of the trade/shop.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.