RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Analyze existing dataset to optimize phenotypic data collection in QTL mapping studies for disease resistance in hop.
- Construct a consensus genetic map using a multi-parent population in hop.
- Conduct QTL mapping for resistance to powdery mildew in hop.
- Write reproducible analyses, interpret results, publish findings in peer-reviewed publications.
QualificationsThis position requires a Ph.D in plant science, genetics, genomics, plant pathology, biology, bioinformatics, computational biology, or a related field of study that has equipped the applicant with the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be Selective Service registered or exempt
- Subject to satisfactory adjudication of background investigation and/or fingerprint check
- Direct Deposit ? Per Public Law 104-134 all Federal employees are required to have federal payments made by direct deposit to their financial institution
- Successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit E-Verify at https://www.e-verify.gov/
- Appropriations Law and Immigration Law requirements must be met
Applicants must meet basic Office of Personnel Management (OPM) Qualification Standard's requirements of the scientific discipline necessary to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.Basic Requirement
GS-0401-11:A. Degree: biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position.OR
B. Combination of education and experience:
Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.EducationThis position has a positive education requirement. You must submit a copy of your academic transcripts OR a list of college courses with credit hours, dates completed, and grades received to verify education when applying for this position. If this information is not provided, your education may not be appropriately evaluated and you may lose consideration for this position. If you are selected for this position, you will have to provide an official copy of your transcripts prior to entering on duty. Application materials will not be returned.Additional information
- Recruitment Incentive may be authorized. Final determination to pay an incentive will be made by the hiring official at time of job offer.
- Provide the subjects with FBI's Privacy Act Notice and Privacy Rights before fingerprinting the subject in order to comply with the Privacy Act requirement found in the Privacy Act of 1974, as amended, 5 USC 522a(e)(3) and FBI's requirement to present the fingerprint subject with Privacy Rights. 22.214.171.124. FBI Privacy Act Notice: https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/compact-council/privacy-act-statement