DutiesAs a Supervisory IT Specialist (infosec), you will
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure information systems reliability and accessibility and to prevent and defend against unauthorized access to systems, networks, and data; conducting risk and vulnerability assessments of planned and installed information systems to identify vulnerabilities, risks, and protection needs; promoting awareness of security issues among management and ensuring sound security principles are reflected in organizations' visions and goals; conducting systems security evaluations, audits, and reviews; developing systems security contingency plans and disaster recovery procedures; developing and implementing programs to ensure that systems, network, and data users are aware of, understand, and adhere to systems security policies and procedures; participating in network and systems design to ensure implementation of appropriate systems security policies; facilitating the gathering, analysis, and preservation of evidence used in the prosecution of computer crimes; assessing security events to determine impact and implementing corrective actions; and ensuring the rigorous application of information security/ information assurance policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all IT services
- Provide program oversight and contractor technical management for OCIO programs and is an advisor to senior DOT management and others on matters pertaining to end-user service, policy/strategic development, IT continuity of operations planning/support, service desk management and support the Department and integrating end-user services and related technologies to accomplish departmental goals and program objectives.
- Work with DOT officials to support the investigation, development, and implementation of IT-related strategic goals in support of DOT mission areas and the development of the next generations of the DOT IT infrastructure.
The ideal candidate
is a seasoned individual who has experience providing oversight of assigned programs to fulfill the mission, functions, projects, activities, laws, rules, and regulations which an agency is authorized and funded by statute to administer and enforce and exercise the use of delegated authority to supervise technical, administrative, and professional staff to carry out program functions and services constitutes the essential purpose for the establishment and continuing existence of an agency.PLEASE NOTE:
This announcement establishes an open continuous (one year) vacancy announcement. Given our continuing need for top professionals in this field, we will review applications on an as needed basis. RequirementsConditions of Employment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- You must be a U.S. citizen & meet specialized experience to qualify
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
- Direct Hire Authority will be used to fill this position
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: This position involves travel. A government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
- SUPERVISORY PROBATIONARY PERIOD: New supervisors must complete a 1-year probationary period (unless already completed).
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience qualifications.To qualify for the Grade 15
, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the GS-14, it must include:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
- Experience leading, developing policy, and implementing continual service improvement methodologies to streamline activities within functional area strategies, concepts and guidelines for the efficient and effective management of an organization-wide IT and customer-support service program.
- Experience providing technical guidance to organization managers or executives to document business problems; identify functional requirements and work with IT and development services providers to evaluate and select solutions to address the problems.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas: Attention to Detail - is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attention to detail. Customer Service - works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. Oral Communication - expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. Problem Solving - identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations
For all types of consideration, experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.For additional information about applying to Federal positions, please click on the following link:
https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-policies/#url=e4 All applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.Additional informationThis announcement may be used to fill additional positions if similar vacancies occur within 90 days of the issue date of the referral certificate.Qualified CTAP/ICTAP candidates receive priority and will be referred to the hiring manager.