RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Mows grass, lays sod, weeds flowerbeds, trims and edges walkways and lawns. Moves heavy items of furniture and office equipment as required.
- Prunes shrubs and trees; applies fertilizer, waters plants, cleans out drainage ditches, shovels snow from walks and driveways.
- Loads and unloads conveyances; moves materials using wheelbarrows, hand trucks or dollies; stacks and arranges supplies for storage; collects refuse and recyclable materials.
- Digs, fills and tamps soil and gravel in earth excavations; levels ground using pick, shovel, tamper and rake. Moves heavy items of furniture and office equipment as required.
- Cleans rugs and drapes. Cleans, waxes and polishes floors using heavy industrial-powered equipment. Washes and replaces room fixtures using ladders and scaffolds. Uses chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2.
- Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry moderate to heavy objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must also be able to actively bend, stoop, stand, reach, and work in awkward positions.
- Must be able to work during the hours of operation to include nights and weekends.
- This is a flexible position that there are no guaranteed hours. Must be willing to serve in a continuing position on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- The dual compensation guidelines DO NOT apply to this position. All GS and NAF employees whether fulltime or part time are eligible to apply for this position.
1. Three (3) month of laboring experience required.
2. Must have the ability use, control and clean tools and power equipment used.
3. Ability to follow oral and/or written instructions involving duties with several distinct tasks or steps without constant supervision of each task assigned.*This experience must be reflected on your resume to be considered eligible for this position.
**Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening criteria and other characteristics as listed above.Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.Additional information Area of Consideration:
Manual Applications: Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for Citizens and Non-Citizens who reside within a 30-mile radius of Fort Gregg-Adams. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- If applying manually, all completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be delivered to the Fort Gregg-Adams NAF Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) located at:
700 Quarters Road, Bldg. 12400, Fort Gregg-Adams VA 23801
Monday thru Friday (not open on Federal Holidays) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement. Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.