RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Serves as technical liaison, to stakeholders, and others on how best to coordinate their efforts with USAID programs, policies, processes, procedures, and approaches to civilian-led international humanitarian response.
- Develops strategies, plans, guidance, and/or disseminates research results for Agency-wide application and incorporation into appropriate humanitarian response program, policy, and/or operational functions.
- Provides expert advice, guidance, and support to stakeholders on technical issues regarding the design, implementation, management, and evaluation of international civilian-led humanitarian response programs, policies, and/or operational functions.
- Assesses effectiveness or recommends improvement of program, policy, and/or operational processes and systems encompassing difficult and diverse issues that affect aspects of major international humanitarian response and/or operational functions.
- Participates in developing strategies for implementing major humanitarian assistance programs, policies, and/or operational functions. Develops detailed plans for implementing them, and oversees implementation of the goals.
- Develops and maintains relationships with various stakeholders in the international civilian-led humanitarian operations community such as the government, implementing partners, private industry, academic institutions, and others as appropriate.
- United States Citizenship is required.
- Relevant experience (see Qualifications below).
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a security clearance. The security clearance level requirement for this position may vary based on the nature and responsibilities of the job.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service.
- You may be required to serve a two-year probationary period if selected.
- Direct Deposit/Electronic Funds Transfer is required
- All applicants selected for this position will be subject to random drug testing once they begin working for the Agency.
The first step in the evaluation process requires meeting Basic Requirements, Specialized Experience, and Selective Placement Factor stated below. Please refer to the "How You Will Be Evaluated" section for further details. Ensure that all relevant experience is clearly stated in your resume and unofficial transcripts are submitted to verify your education level.
To qualify for this position, you must meet one of the following requirements:Degree:
major or equivalent, or a combination of courses totaling at least 24 semester hours, in international law and international relations, political science, economics, history, sociology, geography, social or cultural anthropology, law, statistics, or in the humanities; or 12 semester hours in one of the above disciplines and 12 semester hours in statistics/quantitative methods.
ORCombination of education and experience:
courses equivalent to a major, or a combination of related courses totaling at least 24 semester hours, as shown in A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education.
four years of appropriate experience in one or more of the fields listed above in work associated with international organizations, problems, or other aspects of foreign affairs.Specialized Experience:GS-14
: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-13 level in the Federal service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. Examples of qualifying specialized experience at the next lower level for this position includes:
(a) Designing and monitoring program or policy options for civilian-led international humanitarian emergency responses;
(b) Serving in a leadership role on an organization's response teams to international disasters and directing the operations, coordination and technical programs critical to the delivery of civilian-led international humanitarian assistance.
Please note that qualifying specialized work experience may have been gained through a variety of activities, including residence, study, teaching, business or commercial activities, military service, newspaper work, military or civil government activities, missionary or international relief work, or other foreign work experience. Make sure to document your experience thoroughly in your resume. Selective Placement Factor:
This position has a Selective Placement Factor, which is a skill, knowledge, ability, or other characteristic essential for the job's satisfactory performance. The Selective Placement Factor represents the minimum requirements for this position and is a prerequisite for appointment. Applicants who do not meet the Selective Placement Factor are ineligible for further consideration.
Selective Placement Factor: Your resume must demonstrate experience designing, managing, monitoring, or evaluating international civilian-led humanitarian assistance programs and/or policies.
Experience includes both paid and unpaid activities, such as volunteer work through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work provides training and experience that can translate directly to paid employment. Qualifying experience, including volunteer experience, that aligns with the duties of this position will be considered.Education
Review the Basic Requirements of this vacancy announcement for education requirements. Unofficial transcripts are required at the point of submission since these positions do have a minimum education requirement.
If you have received your education at a foreign college or university, you may use it to meet the education requirements as long as you can demonstrate that the foreign education is similar to that you would have received in an accredited educational institution in the United States. You must provide such evidence with your application. Find a list of accredited organizations recognized for interpreting foreign education credentials at www.naces.org/members.php .