DutiesThis is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military assignment in the DC Army National Guard.MILITARY REQUIREMENTS:
You must meet the minimum military rank as specified in this announcement. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a DC Army National Guard recruiter prior to applying for this position. Applicants applying to this position who exceed the maximum military grade listed on this job announcement MUST
submit a statement in writing that they are willing to take an administrative reduction in grade to the advertised military grade on the job announcement for which applying. Applicants who exceed the military grade will NOT
be placed into the technician position until they have been administratively reduced to the military grade on the job announcement. Please note that exceeding the maximum rank does not automatically qualify you for consideration. Compatible military grade and assignment required prior to the effective date of placement
The National Guard's full-time support program requires that all military technicians are members of the National Guard and are appointed to full-time positions which correspond to their military assignments. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership.Minimum Military Rank
: E-1/PVT Maximum Military Rank
: E-6/SSGOther requirements:
For positions requiring the operation of motor vehicles, candidates must have a valid state driver's license for the state in which they live or are principally employed. For positions requiring a security clearance (Secret or Top Secret) the applicant must possess or be able to obtain a clearance within One (1) year of appointment.
This position is located in the Joint Force Headquarters, Surface Maintenance Facility, Joint Base Anacostia-Bolling, District of Columbia. The purpose of this position is to plan, schedule, control, and monitor the status of equipment maintenance; and to assist a higher-graded Production Controller.
- Establish, plan, schedule, and control maintenance and repair of a variety of vehicles and equipment.
- Assist supervisory personnel in determining impact of the requirement on shop capability.
- Assist in the resolution of problems encountered between scheduled or unscheduled production or priority requirements
- Analyze repair methods and recommend control procedures to ensure the accomplishment of programs.
- Provide assistance to ensure Modified Table of Organization and Equipment (MTO&E)
For the full position description please click HERE RequirementsConditions of Employment
QualificationsPermanent Change of Station (PCS)
- National Guard Membership is required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Males born after 31 December 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- May occasionally be required to work other than normal duty hours; overtime may be required.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory.
- 3R Incentive Program MAY be authorized- Recruitment or Relocation incentive may be authorized.
- Minimum Rank- E1/PVT
- Maximum Rank- E6/SSGT
: PCS not authorized Relocation Incentive:
Incentive may be authorized Selected Reserve Incentive Program:
Acceptance of this position will cause termination of Federal bonuses pursuant to respective Selected Reserve Incentive Programs (SRIP). This termination may be with or without recoupment of payments already made.NATIONAL GUARD MEMBERSHIP IS REQUIRED:
This is an excepted service position that requires membership in a compatible military rank and assignment in the District of Columbia Army National Guard. Selectee will be required to wear the military uniform. Acceptance of an excepted service position constitutes concurrence with these requirements as a condition of employment. Applicants who are not currently a member of the National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the National Guard in the military grade listed in this announcement.THE FOLLOWING QUALIFICATIONS MUST BE REPRESENTED BY THE CONTENTS OF YOUR RESUME.
To ensure full credit is given for the qualification requirements listed below please use the USAJobs resume builder.
IF YOU USE YOUR OWN RESUME PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU INCLUDE THE BEGINNING AND ENDING DATES (MONTH AND YEAR) FOR ALL JOBS LISTED IN YOUR RESUME
Experience, education, or training that indicates your ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner. SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE:
Must have at least 12 months experience, education, or training working with people from various levels and background. Must be able to assist and maintain workflows. Please be advised:
1. Specialized experience will be used to determine qualifications for the announced position.
2. An applicant's RESUME must provide, in detail, how they meet the specialized experience listed.
3. It must be documented with "from (mm/yy)" and "to (mm/yy)" dates and description of the specialized experience.
4. If education or a degree is required as part of the "Specialized Experience", you must include transcripts.
Do not copy the specialized experience qualifications word for word and place into your resume; you must describe your personal experience as it pertains to each statement. Plagiarizing from this announcement will immediately disqualify you as an applicant Education
No education requirements or to be substituted for the GS-7 grade. Additional information
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency ( https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx ).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .