RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will develop experimental systems and demonstration units.
- You will maintain and repair refrigerant based laboratory heating and cooling systems.
- You will determine test procedures and make design changes to improve test equipment and related accessories.
- You will collect and evaluate data using mechanical and electronic devices.
- You work with a variety of tools and equipment.
- You will troubleshoot, repair, reclamation, and charging.
QualificationsGS-09 Specialized Experience: In order to qualify for the GS-09
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- This is a bargaining unit position.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card to make official government purchases for goods and services.
- You will be required to successfully complete a pre-appointment physical examination.
, your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-08 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Able to understand heat transfer systems .2) Repair refrigerant-based laboratory heating and cooling systems. 3) Working knowledge of theories and techniques of engineering. 4) Working knowledge of design, performance characteristics, adaptability of equipment associated with engineer labs. 5) Working knowledge of electrical / electronic and mechanical equipment associated with an engineering lab. 6) Able to read and interpret engineering drawings. 7) Able to communicate technical terms and instruct others.GS-10 Specialized Experience: In order to qualify for the GS-10
, your resume must demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-09 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: 1) Able to understand heat transfer systems. 2.) Repair refrigerant-based laboratory heating and cooling systems. 3) Work with a variety of tools and equipment, including thermometers, pressure gauges and flow meters. 4) Knowledge of refrigeration cycles. 5.) Repair refrigerant-based laboratory heating and cooling systems. 6) Operate mechanical/electronic equipment associated with various engineering laboratories. 7) Communicate effectively with engineers, students and other professionals.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website:
https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/#url=List-by-Occupational- Series and https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/classification-qualifications/general-schedule-qualification-standards/0800/ engineering-technical-series-0802/ Education
N/A Additional information
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
This announcement uses the Certain Personnel of the DoD direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.
Several vacancies may be filled.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Certain incentives (such as Recruitment, Relocation or Student Loan Repayment) may be authorized to eligible selectees.This announcement uses the Certain Competitive Service Positions direct hire authority to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to certain positions in the competitive service.
A forty hour work week is typical of this position.
This position is at the full performance level.
Recruitment incentives may be authorized to eligible new hires.
A relocation incentive is generally a single payment intended to offset some of the relocation costs experienced by the selectee.
A relocation incentive may be authorized.
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.