RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Instruct groups and individuals in a variety of outdoor recreation programs, such as but not limited to rock climbing, kayaking, hiking, mountain biking, challenge course.
- Use a variety of teaching methods to effectively communicate to participants who have a wide range of abilities and backgrounds.
- Incumbent is responsible for group management.
- Must be familiar with all programs offered by Outdoor Recreation, as well as be familiar with local area as the position requires providing information to customers.
- Reports any problems to the Outdoor Recreation Manager or Recreation Specialist as soon as possible in order to maintain a high-quality service to guests.
QualificationsMust have knowledge of and experience in a wide variety of Outdoor Recreation pursuits.
- Must be willing to accept varying and/ or rotating shifts to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
- A medical examination is required as physical effort includes heavy lifting weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- A one year probationary period may be required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Must have or be able to obtain a current American Red Cross First Aid and CPR/AED training certification.
- Failure to successfully completed required training may result in separation.
(Experience within an Outdoor Recreation program that offers some of the following areas: paddling activities, canoeing, rock climbing, hiking and mountain biking.)This experience must be reflected on your resume to be considered eligible for this position.Highly Preferred
In addition to the above, a highly preferred candidate will be:
The education and experience must be reflected on your resume to be considered a highly preferred candidate.Applicants meeting the Highly Preferred criteria will be referred first to the Selecting Official. All other applicants will be referred for consideration if the certificate (referral list) is returned with no selection. Education
- In pursuit of a degree in Recreation Management, Outdoor Recreation, or a related field, and in the process of completing an internship or fieldwork program.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is for US Citizens and Non-Citizens residing within a local commuting area of Fort Gregg-Adams, VA. (Military Spouse Preference(MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Subsequent referrals to the Hiring Manager will occur on a weekly basis.Manual Applications:
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00PM on 02/29/2024 in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.