RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Operate heavy powered equipment performing tasks that require prior work experience and training.
- Tasks include ground maintenance on grades and slopes, digging ditches and trenches, washing buildings using high pressure sprayers, operating tillers to prepare lawns for sod and bedding plants, and cutting trees using axes or chain saws.
- Performs general maintenance of NAF facilities requiring use of heavy powered equipment and heavy tools. Breaks up concrete, mixes and pours concrete and asphalt.
- Resets nails, replaces hardware, relocate playgrounds, flowerbeds and portable structures.
- Advises facility director of potential safety hazards and identifies repairs required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, para.2.
- Incumbent may also be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
- Applicant must be able to frequently lift and carry very heavy objects weighing in excess of 50 pounds.
- May be exposed to adverse weather conditions when working outdoors.
- Required to follow safety procedures and use standard safety equipment such as gloves, ear protectors, and safety glasses and exercise proper handling of equipment to avoid serious injury in the work area.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- This position may include nights, weekends and holidays as required.
- This is a flexible position with no guaranteed hours. Must be willing to serve in a continuing position on a scheduled or as needed basis.
- The dual compensation guidelines DO NOT apply to this position. All GS and NAF employees whether fulltime or part time are eligible to apply for this position.
1. Six (6) months of laboring experience required.
2. Must be able to work under general supervision, responding to initial oral and written instructions and completing assigned tasks.*This experience must be reflected on your resume to be considered eligible for this position.Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.Additional information Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is local. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 p.m. by 02/29/2024 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Information may be requested regarding the vaccination status of selectees for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols. For more information, visit https://www.saferfederalworkforce.gov/faq/vaccinations/
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.
- For more information about this position: https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_naf_output.asp?fcp=zutpk3eFRt2fkpzbzq9hm3OKUJmZlIuYkqhU