RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Assists the Facility Manager in the overall operation of a fitness facility. Circulates among patrons to assure service is satisfactory ;provides information and general instruction on the use of equipment, facilities, and machinery.
- Assists in setting up for instructors, contractors, events, athletic activities, and related functions. Performs facility cleanliness and/or monitors contracts.
- Assists with publicity of programs and events and assists with the delivery and placement of posters, flyers and other promotional material. Cleans and performs minor maintenance on facility equipment.
- Issues/receives equipment to authorized users. Monitors fitness equipment condition; tracks maintenance and repair or replacement as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical is required for this position.
- The dual compensation guidelines DO NOT apply to this position. All GS and NAF employees whether fulltime or part time are eligible to apply for this position.
- Must be able to work during the hours of operation to include nights and weekends.
- Must possess the following within 6 months of employment: MWR Orientation Course, Customer Service.
*The work experience must be reflected on your resume to be considered eligible for this position.**This is a standing register, applicants will be sent to the hiring manager on a weekly basis as needed. Additional referral lists may be issued at management's request. Education
- Possesses related work experience that includes the demonstrated ability to perform the duties of position as indicated above.
There is no education requirement for this position. Additional information Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement within the local commuting area of Fort Gregg-Adams. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- If applying manually, all completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be delivered to the Fort Gregg-Adams NAF Civilian Personnel Advisory Center (CPAC) located at:
700 Quarters Road, Bldg 12400, Fort Gregg-Adams VA23801 Monday thru Friday (not open on Federal Holidays) between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and NO LATER THAN 3:00 p.m. on the closing date of the announcement. Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.