RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Performs a full range of simple cooking by preparing and cooking items that require little or no processing, such as pancakes, sausage, eggs, hamburgers, and fresh or canned vegetables.
- Prepares food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing, dicing, pureeing, dredging, flouring, or breading. Mixes ingredients according to precisely written recipes.
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment using gas, electricity, steam or microwave heat sources. Cleans, stores, and maintains all equipment and work areas after each use.
- Follows established sanitation procedures when handling food.Ensures that foods are stored at the correct temperatures to prevent bacteria growth.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required.
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment physical. Must be able to stand, walk, stoop, reach, push, pull and bend. Must be able to lift or move up to 40 pounds unassisted (occasionally lift or move objects weighing over 40 pounds with assistance).
- The dual compensation guidelines DO NOT apply to this position. All GS and NAF employees whether fulltime or part time are eligible to apply for this position.
- Must be able to work during the hours of operation to include nights and weekends.
- Work experience in preparing foods and cooking simple foods and short orders in a cafeteria, restaurant, or mess.
Demonstration of the following work behavior is desirable:
a. Neatness and good grooming.
c. Ability to work under pressure.*The work experience must be reflected on your resume to be considered eligible for this position.**This is a standing register, applicants will be sent to the hiring manager on a weekly basis as needed. Additional referral lists may be issued at management's request. Education
There is no education requirement for this position. Additional information Area of Consideration:
- The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement within the local commuting area of Fort Gregg-Adams. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Allowances, Incentives, and PCS Costs:
- If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 3:00 p.m by 02/29/2024 in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
Please check out our Applicant Information Kit:
- Allowances, differentials, or incentives will not be paid.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs are not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- It contains additional information applicants may find useful when applying for our jobs. (To view the kit, click or copy and paste this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/Applicants/NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf ).
- Additional referrals may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Applications are valid for 90 days after submission date. Applicants will be referred to selecting officials as additional vacancies occur.