RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Utilize technical manuals.
- Conduct recovery and evacuation procedures for disabled vehicles.
- Conduct tests of repaired equipment/vehicles to ensure repairs meet required performance specifications.
- Install parts in accordance with manuals and makes adjustments to specifications.
QualificationsWho May Apply: US Citizens
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness determination, as determined by a completed background investigation.
- This position requires a pre-employment Physical Examination and an annual examination thereafter. You must be able to lift 50lbs.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment drug testing screening and random testing thereafter to include testing based on reasonable suspicion.
- You are required to wear employer provided Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must possess a Class A Commercial Driver's License or a Class A Commercial Learners Permit. If you possess a Class A Commercial Learners Permit you must obtain your Class A Commercial Driver's License within 180 days of employment.
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document .
There is no specific length of training or experience required. However, you must be able to demonstrate, through experience shown in your written application materials that you possess the sufficient knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully perform the work of this position without more than normal supervision.Minimum Qualifications (Screen Out Element):
Ability to do the work of a(n) Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer~ without more than normal supervision. Ability to remove and replace components such as starters, fuel pumps, injector pumps, carburetors, spark plugs, fuel injectors, suspension systems and brakes. I use basic hand tools such as wrenches, pliers, brake tools and screwdrivers. I work under normal supervision of a work leader or journey-level employee who observes tasks in progress and upon completion to make sure they are properly performed. - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Make repairs while vehicles are overhead, and where parts are in hard-to-reach places. This requires standing, stooping, bending, stretching, and working in tiring and uncomfortable positions. Frequently lifts and carries parts of equipment weighing up to 20 pounds and occasionally to 50 pounds or more.
- Work is performed in a maintenance shop environment, but is occasionally outside under adverse weather conditions. The work is typically dirty and greasy, and subject to noxious engine fumes. The incumbent is also subject to cuts and abrasions from hand tools, burns from hot engines, and falls from working on top of equipment items.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- One year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is required.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 17 - Materiel Maintenance Management position.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP). If you are a Federal employee in the competitive service and your agency has notified you in writing that you are a displaced employee eligible for ICTAP consideration, you may receive selection priority for this position. To receive selection priority, you must: (1) meet ICTAP eligibility criteria (2) be rated well-qualified for the position and; (3) submit the appropriate documentation to support your ICTAP eligibility. To be considered well-qualified and receive selection priority applicants must satisfy all qualification requirements for the position and receive a score of 90 or above. Additional information about the program is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website .
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government interest.