RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Conducts onsite inspections of health care delivery provided to beneficiaries to evaluate the quality of care, quality of life, and the provision of other services.
- Provides guidance and direction on survey issues to state agency (SA) staff.
- Formulates or recommends needed revisions or changes to existing program policies, criteria, standards, and procedures.
- Analyzes statistical and historical data, cleans, and reports data to assess state agency (SA) effectiveness in the survey process, and recommends improvements.
QualificationsALL QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET BY THE CLOSING DATE OF THIS ANNOUNCEMENT.
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or National to apply for this position.
- You will be subject to a background and suitability investigation.
- This is a remote position; however, the position reports to a CMS Office on a periodic basis. Requirements to report to the office will vary and can be discussed at the time of interview.
- Must have a valid driver's license from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
Your resume must include detailed information as it relates to the responsibilities and specialized experience for this position. Evidence of copying and pasting directly from the vacancy announcement without clearly documenting supplemental information to describe your experience will result in an ineligible rating. This will prevent you from receiving further consideration.In order to qualify for the GS-13 grade level
, you must meet the following: You must demonstrate in your resume at least one year (52 weeks) of qualifying specialized experience equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal government, obtained in either the private or public sector, to include: (1) Conducting onsite surveys or quality reviews to evaluate the performance and effectiveness of health care providers.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. EducationEducation Requirement:
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements, all candidates must have the following education requirement:
- A graduate or higher-level degree, bachelor's degree, associate degree, or diploma from an accredited professional nursing educational program. The education must have been accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs, Accreditation Commission for Midwifery Education, or an accrediting body recognized by the U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. **If the degree is from a Foreign Nursing School, an official certification from the Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools is required. (NOTE: TRANSCRIPTS ARE REQUIRED TO BE UPLOADED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION).
Unofficial transcripts will be accepted at the time of application. Official transcripts will be required from all selectees prior to receiving an official offer.License/Registration Requirement:
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements, all candidates must possess the license/registration listed below. Proof of license/registration MUST be submitted at time of application. Failure to submit proof of license/registration at the time of application WILL result in an ineligible rating:
Proof of License/Registration is required
- A current, active, full, and unrestricted license or registration as a professional nurse from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States. (NOTE: License Is REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION) You may retrieve a copy of your license and upload from https://www.nursys.com/
at the time of application to verify possession of the license/registration listed above. Failure to submit proof of license/registration at the time of application WILL result in an ineligible rating.
Please see the "Required Documents" section below for more information.
Click the following link to view the occupational questionnaire: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/11810606 Additional informationBargaining Unit Position:
Yes, American Federation of Government Employees, Local 1923 Tour of Duty:
Flexible Recruitment/Relocation Incentive:
Not Authorized Financial Disclosure:
Not Required Remote Work:
To ensure compliance with an applicable preliminary nationwide injunction, which may be supplemented, modified, or vacated, depending on the course of ongoing litigation, the Federal Government will take no action to implement or enforce Executive Order 14043 Requiring Coronavirus Disease 2019 Vaccination for Federal Employees. Therefore, to the extent a federal job announcement includes the requirement to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 pursuant to Executive Order 14043, that requirement does not currently apply. Positions with vaccination requirements under authority(ies) separate and distinct from Executive Order 14043 will be clearly identified. HHS may continue to require documentation of proof of vaccination to ensure compliance with those policies. Health and safety protocols remain in effect, in accordance with CDC guidance and the Safer Federal Workforce Task force. Consistent with current guidance, workplace safety protocols will no longer vary based on vaccination status or otherwise depend on the availability of vaccination information. Therefore, to the extent a job announcement states that HHS may request information regarding the vaccination status of selected applicants for the purposes of implementing workplace safety protocols, this statement does not currently apply.Remote-Out Positions at CMS
: This is a remote position; however, the position reports to a CMS Office on a periodic basis (e.g. 1-2 times per year). Requirements to report to the office will vary and can be discussed at the time of interview. As such, your pay will be based on your home address. For more information on locality and pay scales, please click here . Your worksite must be within the United States and you must adhere to all regulations and policies regarding remote work at CMS and in the federal government, including the signing of a remote work agreement.The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP) and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)
provide eligible displaced federal employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be qualified you must submit the required documentation and be rated well-qualified for this vacancy. Click here for a detailed description of the required supporting documents . A well-qualified applicant is one whose knowledge, skills and abilities clearly exceed the minimum qualification requirements of the position. Additional information about ICTAP and CTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website at www.opm.gov/rif/employee_guides/career_transition.asp .