The IT Specialist (Info Sec)
functions as technical authority with responsibility for planning, directing and coordinating the systems and programming needs within the IT environment supporting the Office of the Chief Information Office (OCIO) and the Operating Administrations (OA) requirements in one or more of the following areas:.
The Ideal Candidate Statement
- Policy and Planning (PLCYPLN)- Work that involves a wide range of IT management activities that typically extend and apply to an entire organization or major components of an organization. This includes strategic planning, capital planning and investment control, workforce planning, policy and standards development, resource management, knowledge management, auditing, and information security management.
- Enterprise Architecture (ENTARCH) - Work that involves the analysis, planning, design, implementation, documentation, assessment, and management of the enterprise structural framework to align IT strategy, plans, and systems with the mission, goals, structure, and processes of the organization.
- Data Management (DATAMGT) - Work that involves the planning, development, implementation, and administration of systems for the acquisition, storage, and retrieval of data.
- Security (INFOSEC) - Work that involves ensuring the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
- Systems Analysis (SYSANALYSIS) - Work that involves applying analytical processes to the planning, design, and implementation of new and improved information systems to meet the business requirements of customer organizations.
- Network Services (NETWORK) - Work that involves the planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, configuration, installation, implementation, integration, maintenance, and/or management of networked systems used for the transmission of information in voice, data, and/or video formats.
- Customer Support (CUSTSPT) - Work that involves the planning and delivery of customer support services, including installation, configuration, troubleshooting, customer assistance, and/or training, in response to customer requirements.
: DOT OCIO is looking for motivated mid level to seasoned IT professional, who can share their expertise in Planning and Policy, Enterprise Architecture, Data Management (DATAMGT), Security (INFOSEC), Systems Analysis (SYSANALYSIS), Network Services (NETWORK), and Customer Support (CUSTSPT).PLEASE NOTE:
This announcement establishes an open continuous (1 year) vacancy announcement. Given our continuing need for top professionals in this field, we will review applications on an as needed basis. RequirementsConditions of Employment
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- You must be a U.S. citizen & meet specialized experience to qualify
- Submit application and resume online by 11:59 PM EST on the closing date
- Required documents must be submitted by the closing date.
- Direct Hire Authority will be used to fill this position
- SELECTIVE SERVICE: Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for the Selective Service.
- GOVERNMENT TRAVEL CARD: Travel will vary by position. If the position requires travel, a government contractor-issued travel card will be issued and must be retained for official business only.
- PCS/RELOCATION/RECRUITMENT: Permanent Change of Station (PCS), Relocation, and Recruitment Incentive authorization varies by position/selection.
- PROBATIONARY PERIOD: Varies by position and is determined by the hiring agency. If selected, a one-year or two-year probationary period may be required.
- POSITION SENSITIVITY AND RISK: Varies by position and will be based on the position to which appointed.
- SECURITY CLEARANCE: Varies by position. If applicable, you must be able to obtain and maintain the appropriate security clearance of the position to which appointed.
- FINANCIAL DISCLOSURE: Varies by position. If applicable, the applicant selected is required to submit a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report (OGE Form 450) within 30 days of appointment and annually thereafter.
- TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: Varies by position and will be based upon the mission requirements and supervisory determination. The number of telework days approved is determined by the agency policy, emergency situations, the approval of your immediate supervisor, and if applicable, approval of additional officials.
- REMOTE WORK: Varies by position. Remote work means the residence is the full-time official duty location. The difference in salary is determined by the locality pay in each location. Salaries for all areas are available on the OPM website at: https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/pay-leave/salaries-wages/2023/general-schedule/ If selected for a remote work position, you must have access to high speed internet and cell phone service meeting current Agency standards from the approved work location within the Contiguous United States and sign a remote work agreement.
To meet the minimum qualifications for this position, you must meet the specialized experience qualifications for the grade at which you are requesting consideration.To qualify for the Grade 12
, you must have at least one year of experience equal or equivalent to the GS-11 it must include:
To qualify for the Grade 13, you must have at least one year of experience equal or equivalent to the GS-12, it must include:
- Developing, implementing, and coordinating activities designed to ensure, protect, and restore IT systems, services, and capabilities.
- Monitoring and evaluating systems compliance with IT security requirements.
- Providing advice and guidance in implementing IT security policies and procedures in the development and operation of network systems.
- Maintaining a full range of security issues to assure effectiveness within a large organization information security program.
To qualify for the Grade 14, you must have at least one year of experience equal or equivalent to the GS-13, it must include:
- Assists in carrying out in-depth analyses of system development plans to ensure that cybersecurity requirements and Information Technology (IT) specifications are effectively implemented.
- Participates in the collection and analysis of technical and management requirement associated with cybersecurity and information technology programs.
- Exchanges information in connection with cybersecurity and information technology requirements; prepare various reports, briefings, summaries, and progress reports pertaining to IT and cybersecurity projects;
To qualify for the Grade 15, you must have at least one year of specialized experience equal or equivalent to the GS-14 it must include:
- Maintaining excellent partnership and serving as technical liaison with the appropriate staff elements.
- Providing technical advice, counsel and instructions on cybersecurity and information technology issues to all stakeholders including senior agency officials.
- Implements and advises on IT and cybersecurity policies and procedures to ensure protection of information and information systems.
- Ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security and technology programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
In addition to meeting the above described specialized experience requirements, your IT experience will be evaluated and be expected to include described experience in the following competencies:
- Maintaining excellent partnership and serving as technical liaison with the appropriate staff elements.
- Providing expert technical advice, counsel and instructions on cybersecurity and information technology issues to all stakeholders including senior officials inside and outside the agency.
- Providing expert oversight and guidance on IT and cybersecurity policies and procedures to ensure protection of information and information systems.
- Ensures the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of systems, networks, and data through the expert planning, analysis, development, implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems security and technology programs, policies, procedures, and tools.
- Attention to Detail: Work is thorough and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service: Working with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, providing information or assistance, assigning staff to resolve their problems, or satisfying their expectations; knowing about available products and services; committed to providing quality products and services.
- Oral Communication: Expressing information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); making clear and convincing oral presentations; listening to others, attending to nonverbal cues, and responding appropriately.
- Problem Solving: Identifying problems; determining accuracy and relevance of information; using sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives and making recommendations based on technical requirements.
For all types of consideration, experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.For additional information about applying to Federal positions, please click on the following link:
All applicants must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.Additional informationThis announcement may be used to fill additional positions if similar vacancies occur within 90 days of the issue date of the referral certificate.Qualified CTAP/ICTAP candidates receive priority and will be referred to the hiring manager.
The OCIO has many job opportunities available. Our goal is to attract and retain a diverse group of talented employees to support our mission. Job opportunities are available in all of the OCIO program offices.