Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Retail Bank Risk Manager | Enterprise Payments
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
Do you like working in the spotlight? Are you ready to work on the front line of a top 10 Bank? Can you build relationships as well as develop and implement innovative solutions?
As a member of the Enterprise Payments risk team within the Retail Bank Risk Office, you'll be challenged to shape the risk mitigation strategy for one or more areas within Enterprise Payments. You'll work with various stakeholders to identify unmitigated risks and assist with opportunities to strengthen the control environment to reduce risks for the business while building lasting partnerships. This role will focus on risks and controls impacting one or more of our payment processing functions within Enterprise Payments and help enable a well-managed payments risk environment.
Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated risk management professionals with an ability to think critically and problem solve. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with senior management to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company. Risk Managers are expected to have excellent organizational and communication skills. Responsibilities:
- Perform risk assessments to proactively identify potential risks to the business and work with key stakeholders to develop and drive solutions that remediate risks
- Risk Consulting - Provide advice and guidance on risks and controls impacting one or more areas within Enterprise Payments
- Client Management - Develop and leverage key relationships with Enterprise Payments and functional stakeholders to enable collaboration across the enterprise
- Issues Management - Identify and track issues and events to mitigate risk within Enterprise Payments. Coordinate with applicable business areas to define and implement timely remediation activities
- Process and Change Management - Lead change control efforts at the process level to ensure impacts are appropriately assessed, documented and implemented
- Audit and Exam Management - Provide support to Enterprise Payments during audits and regulatory exams; support in the delivery of key risk mitigation and remediation activities
- Leverage strong written and verbal communication skills to present complex risk topics to business and functional stakeholders
- Manage, implement, and deliver on a subset of horizontal program deliverables
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 3 years of payments operations experience or risk management experience
- At least 3 years of experience in stakeholder relationship management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- 5+ years of Project Management experience leading cross functional projects or programs in Risk
- 5+ years of Financial Services risk management experience
- Certification within the payments industry (e.g., AAP, APRP)
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).