Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Sr Tax Manager
Capital One is a growing and dynamic financial services company. We are searching for the right individual to work in a collaborative environment as part of the federal tax planning team. The ideal candidate will need to be a strategic thinker with the ability to execute across diverse lines of an expanding organization. It is essential that the successful candidate have strong communication and leadership skills, a well-rounded tax background, strong management experience, attention to details and a desire for problem solving in a non-routine, dynamic environment. Function
Interact and partner with business units, treasury, accounting, finance, and legal functions to identify, research and implement tax planning opportunities, manage tax risk, and support corporate wide initiatives and transactions. Responsibilities:
- Identify, evaluate, recommend and drive implementation of federal tax planning initiatives that align with the company's business, financial and risk objectives
- Research and evaluate tax implications of enterprise wide business transactions and provide guidance to the respective business units
- Interact and coordinate tax implications of business transactions with outside legal counsel
- Manage, direct and develop other federal tax planning associates
- Collaborate with the tax reporting and tax controversy teams on transactions and planning initiatives, as well as providing support in the ASC 740 process and federal tax audits
- Provide tax oversight and planning for federal tax credit programs
Basic Qualifications :
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. federal corporate income tax law
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, including ability to research and resolve complex tax issues
- Proven ability to drive completion of large, complex projects across multiple internal and external reporting and organizational lines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to present technical matters to management in a clear and concise manner
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- CPA or Juris Doctor
- At least 6 years of tax experience with public companies, accounting firms, or law firms
- MS or LLM in Tax
- 8 or more years of federal tax planning experience
- Financial institution tax experience, including taxation of financial instruments
- Experience in structuring complex financial transactions
- Technical knowledge of U.S. partnership income tax law
- General knowledge of income tax accounting rules
- Experience with federal tax credit programs, including LIHTC and NMTC
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).