Center 3 (19075), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Experienced Leader Development and Coaching Program Lead
At Capital One, we care about growing our Associates, and in Capital One U, our Learning & Development (L&D) organization, we create learning experiences that enable that growth. We believe that every Associate is the hero of their own learning journey, and it's our organization's mission to offer guidance and support to help them reach new heights, both personally and professionally. From specialized learning programs to educational content to community-building events, we don't just train; we transform.
What We Do:
As part of the Enterprise Learning & Development team, you will work closely with business leaders and HR staff to consult, develop, deliver, manage and analyze learning experiences for people leaders at Capital One. You will play a critical role in making sure our learning experiences are delivered with user and business objectives in mind. We hope this sounds like your dream team; it's ours, and we worked hard to create and maintain it. We are looking to add a talented individual to our team to help us manage pivotal, career-defining leadership experiences.
Who We're Looking For:
Our team is searching for a Principal Associate Portfolio Lead who can help us to create and deliver on our offerings for experienced leaders and manage our coaching program for associates below the executive level.
Ideally, this person would:
- Bring exceptional program management skills to implement and maintain portfolios that support the learning and development of our experienced leaders
- Have a passion for coaching and understand the basic fundamentals of the importance of a coaching culture
- Be energized by implementing leadership development opportunities across the enterprise
We seek a dedicated and disciplined learning professional who excels in a team environment. This person will have excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and can adapt to change quickly. The ideal candidate is strong at influencing others, including organizational leaders and strategic partners. In this position you will contribute immediately while strengthening your project management and learning leadership practices.
A Typical Day Might Look Like This:
- Develop, implement, and maintain a coaching program for associates below the executive level, particularly experienced leaders
- Create a strategy and utilization needs for external coaching vendors, with clear recommendations for measuring results and return on investment
- Consult and collaborate with stakeholders to identify skill gaps and learning needs of our experienced leaders from data insights
- Manage the Experienced Leaders Portfolio and suite of offerings, by maintaining the platform and updating the content as needed
- Partner with diverse teams within Capital One to align learning efforts to various organizational imperatives
"We recognize that many life paths can contribute to interest in this role. We value all experience, whether gained in a classroom or through other paths, and invite everyone who meets the below requirements to apply for this role."
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 3 years of experience in Program or Project Management or Process Management or a combination
- At least 2 years of experience building learning solutions for People Leadership in a corporate environment
- At least 1 year of experience in client consulting
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Completion of an International Coaching Federation, Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) or an Approved Coach Specific Training Hours program
- 2+ years of experience in Training Design or Development Delivery or a combination thereof
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).