Plano 1 (31061), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Lead Software Engineer, Mainframe (Remote-Eligible) We are looking for a Mainframe Engineer with software development skills to join our team. There is a proprietary scripting language, PSL, used in the coding process. We hire engineers that have systems, Mainframe, and software backgrounds. The software engineering role within Capital One is critical to our success and one that focuses on building a highly reliable, scalable and measurable customer experience ensuring continued growth of Capital One's critical services in the Retail Bank. Your commitment to learn new things is every bit as important to us as what you have already done. Maybe even more so because we don't want to be doing the same thing tomorrow that we're doing today. You accept change, want to grow, and evolve into a better member of the team.
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity Basic Qualifications:
- You will be responsible for the definition, design, construction, integration, testing, and support of reliable and reusable software solutions, addressing business opportunities.
- Includes systems analysis, creation of specifications, coding, testing, and implementation of application programs and data interfaces.
- Develop complex applications using Profile application experience, MUMPS, PSL, UNIX, and Agile
- Build automation and monitoring solutions
- Requires a previous domain of experience in applications development.
- You will demonstrate experience with large scale application integration efforts
- Ability to influence multiple levels on highly technical issues and challenges
- Ensures that application designs are consistent with the attributes (including scalability, availability, maintainability, and flexibility).
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 6 years of experience in software engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
- At least 3 years of relevant core banking application experience (Profile or Systematics)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Masters Degree
- 6+ years of professional experience developing on Profile Application (MUMPS and PSL)
- 6+ years of professional experience developing on Systematics application (Impacs, RM/CIS or GN/TS) batch and CICS
- 1+ years of experience with cloud computing (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- Experience with database management systems, SQL, or other automated testing a plus
The minimum and maximum full-time annual salaries for this role are listed below, by location. Please note that this salary information is solely for candidates hired to perform work within one of these locations, and refers to the amount Capital One is willing to pay at the time of this posting. Salaries for part-time roles will be prorated based upon the agreed upon number of hours to be regularly worked.
Remote (Regardless of Location): $167,400 - $191,000 for Lead Software Engineer
Candidates hired to work in other locations will be subject to the pay range associated with that location, and the actual annualized salary amount offered to any candidate at the time of hire will be reflected solely in the candidate's offer letter.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).