DutiesThis is a Bargaining Unit position.Areas of Consideration for Remote Positions
Department of Veteran Affairs, ALL STATUS ELIGIBLES (current/former federal employees, eligible veterans, special hiring authority) Work Schedule
: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm Compressed/Flexible Schedule
: Available with supervisor approval Telework
: N/A Remote position Duty Location Status
: Will work remotely from home Position Description Title/PD#
: Management & Program Analyst/ PD44258-0 Relocation/Recruitment Incentives
: Not authorized Critical Skills Incentive (CSI):
Not approved Permanent Change of Station (PCS):
Not authorized Financial Disclosure Report
: Not required Physical Demands
: The work is primarily of a sedentary nature, although some light physical effort may be required. Work may extend beyond normal shift periods and be during non-regular duty hours. Major Duties
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Analyzes and evaluates, on a quantitative or qualitative basis, the effectiveness of the assigned organization in meeting established agency and local level metrics, goals and objectives.
- Plans, schedules, and conducts studies of organizational efficiency, productivity and regulatory/policy/procedural compliance, and recommends changes or improvements in organization, staffing, work methods, management practices, systems, policies, and procedures to address any issues found and/or to exploit any unrealized efficiencies.
- Manages and maintains various electronic systems/tools utilized by the assigned organization through data collection/entry, and validates data integrity in electronic systems/tools using a structured review and reporting approach.
- Researches and investigates new or improved business and management practices for application to the assigned organization.
- Reviews and validates internal and external audits and investigative reports. Performs root cause analysis and corrective action plan (CAP) development to address any finding/issues identified.
- The incumbent may assist with the development and execution of employee training to include new employee orientation, coordination of contracts related training, and general training for all within the assigned organization.
- You must be a U.S. citizen to apply for this job.
- Selectees are subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- Selectees may be required to serve a probationary period.
- Selective Service Registration is required for males born after 12/31/1959.
- A complete application package, i.e., Resume, Transcripts, etc., as required by job announcement.
- Selected applicants will be required to complete an online onboarding process.
- Participation in the Seasonal Influenza Prevention Program for VHA Health Care Personnel (HCP) is a requirement for all Department of Veterans Affairs HCP.
- All applicants tentatively selected for VA employment in a testing designated position are subject to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to appointment. Applicants who refuse to be tested will be denied employment with VA.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Pre-employment physical examination/evaluation may be required.
- Participation in the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) vaccination program is a requirement for all Veterans Health Administration Health Care Personnel (HCP) - See "Additional Information" below for details.
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement, 11/21/2023.Time-In-Grade Requirement
: Applicants who are current Federal employees and have held a GS grade any time in the past 52 weeks must also meet time-in-grade requirements by the closing date of this announcement. For a GS-11 position you must have served 52 weeks at the GS-09. The grade may have been in any occupation, but must have been held in the Federal service. An SF-50 that shows your time-in-grade eligibility must be submitted with your application materials.Provide a copy of your last or most recent SF-50, "Notification of Personnel Action" to indicate your current federal status. You must also submit additional SF-50(s) to clearly demonstrate one year time-in-grade as required in the announcement. If the most recent SF-50 has an effective within the past year, it may not clearly demonstrate that you possess one year time-in-grade. In this instance, you must provide an additional SF-50 that clearly demonstrates one year time-in-grade.
Time-In-Grade requirements also apply to former Federal employees applying for reinstatement as well as current employees applying for Veterans Employment Opportunities Act of 1998 (VEOA) appointment.Specialized Experience:
You must have one year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade GS-09 in the normal line of progression for the occupation in the organization. Specialized experience is defined as analyzes and evaluates, on a quantitative or qualitative basis. Plans, schedules, and conducts studies of organizational efficiency, productivity, and regulatory/policy/procedural compliance. Manages and maintains various electronic systems/tools utilized by the assigned organization through data collection/entry. Researches and investigates new or improved business and management practices for application. Reviews and validates internal and external audits and investigative reports.
You will be rated on the following Competencies for this position:
Manages and Organizes
Business Process Reengineering
Per Office of Personnel Management General Schedule Qualification Policies , federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable when documented by satisfactory evidence (e.g., a memorandum from the manager, human resources director, or official documentation such as SF-52, SF-50 documenting an official detail/assignments, or other comparable documentation). The documentation must indicate whether the employee performed the duties full time or, if part-time, the percentage of times the employee performed the additional duties.
To receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your position, you must provide official documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.Note
: A full year of work is considered to be 35-40 hours of work per week. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. Applicants wishing to receive credit for such experience must indicate clearly the nature of their duties and responsibilities in each position and the number of hours a week spent in such employment.
For more information on these qualification standards, please visit OPM's web site at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/indexes/alph-ndx.asp . Education
There is no education substitute or requirement for the GS-11 position. Additional informationReceiving Service Credit for Earning Annual (Vacation) Leave:
Federal Employees earn annual leave at a rate (4, 6 or 8 hours per pay period) which is based on the number of years they have served as a Federal employee. VA may offer newly-appointed Federal employee's credit for their job-related non-federal experience or active duty uniformed military service. This credited service can be used in determining the rate at which they earn annual leave. Such credit must be requested and approved prior to the appointment date and is not guaranteed.Special Employment Consideration:
VA encourages persons with disabilities to apply, including those eligible for hiring under 5 CFR 213.3102(u), Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities [i.e., intellectual disabilities, severe physical disabilities, or psychiatric disabilities], and/or Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more. Contact the Agency Contact for information on how to apply under this appointment authority via the Selective Placement Coordinator.
The Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)
and Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)
provide eligible displaced VA competitive service employees with selection priority over other candidates for competitive service vacancies. To be well-qualified, applicants must possess experience that exceeds the minimum qualifications of the position including all selective factors if applicable, and must be proficient in most of the requirements of the job. Information about ICTAP and CTAP eligibility is on OPM's Career Transition Resources website which can be found at https://www.opm.gov/ .This job opportunity announcement may be used to fill additional vacancies.
Pursuant to VHA Directive 1193.01, VHA health care personnel (HCP) are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to such accommodations as required by law (i.e., medical, religious or pregnancy). VHA HCPs do not include remote workers who only infrequently enter VHA locations. If selected, you will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and submit documentation of proof of vaccination before your start date. The agency will provide additional information regarding what information or documentation will be needed and how you can request a legally required accommodation from this requirement using the reasonable accommodation process.
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application .