RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You will refer eligible military personnel and their families to available housing units that satisfy their individual requirements.
- You will inspect properties (both existing and new) to ensure that they are safe and sanitary.
- You will coordinate occupancy of quarters by determining eligibility and size of unit entitlement, contacting prospective occupants, coordinating move-in dates, preparing assignment letters, coordinating assignment/termination to hold vacancy.
- You will interview military personnel seeking family housing assistance to counsel them on eligibility, availability, and how to apply.
- You will prepare correspondence including family housing applications and pay authorizations to ensure placement on appropriate waiting lists and to address housing damages.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- You will be required to complete training, obtain, and maintain a government credit card for travel and travel-related purchases.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain a current valid United States driver's license.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final Secret security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position may require travel from normal duty station to CONUS and OCONUS and may include remote or isolated sites. You must be able to travel on military and commercial aircraft for extended periods of time.
Your resume must also demonstrate at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-05 grade level or pay band in the Federal service or equivalent experience in the private or public sector. Specialized experience must demonstrate the following: providing information and counseling to personnel and their families seeking housing referral services.
NOTE: In lieu of specialized experience, applicants may qualify based on equivalent combination of education and experience for grade levels and positions for which both education and experience are acceptable. Please go to the Education section for further details.
Additional qualification information can be found from the following Office of Personnel Management website: http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp .
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., professional, philanthropic, religious, spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. EducationAdditional Requirements: In lieu of specialized experience listed in the Qualifications section, applicants may qualify based on equivalent combination of education and experience, as follows:
Successfully completed one full year of graduate level education.
Successfully completed a bachelor's degree with superior academic achievement
A combination of experience and education as described above that equates to one year of experience. The percentage of the required education plus the percentage of the required experience equal one hundred percent. Additional information
This position is covered by the Department of Defense Priority Placement Program.
Several vacancies may be filled.
Recruitment and relocation incentives may or may not be authorized.
A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if the selectee fails to meet the pre-employment requirements, including failure to report to any of the scheduled appointments.
Federal annuitant information: The selection of an annuitant is subject to the Department of Defense and Department of the Navy policy on the employment of annuitants. Policy information may be found at: http://www.secnav.navy.mil/donhr/Documents/CivilianJobs/FedCivAnnuitants.pdf .
Veteran's preference does not apply when selecting individuals under this specific hiring authority. However, if you claim veteran's preference, you will be required to submit supporting documentation with your application as described in the Required Documents section below.