As a Researcher within CIA's Directorate of Science and Technology (DS&T) serving at the National Reconnaissance Office, you will apply your deep technical expertise to advancing research projects that will enable our ability to maintain strategic Space advantage in a rapidly changing world of emerging and disruptive technologies (EDTs).
DS&T Researchers typically conduct research in their field, while also managing a research portfolio of projects conducted by others (contractors, National and Federal Laboratories, and academic institutions, including University Affiliated Research Centers). Successful researchers work across the spectrum of technical readiness levels (technology maturity), applying cutting-edge research to today's mission, while keeping the Agency well positioned for the future. DS&T Researchers identify and mitigate risks and threats from adversarial use of EDTs while also developing ways to use EDTs to shape the future of technical collection of foreign intelligence.RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further requirements information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/requirements/
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Advanced degree is desired
- Demonstrated interest in applying technology to solve challenging problems
- Strong verbal presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to write clear, concise text
- Willingness to travel domestically
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Artificial intelligence
- Battery and power technology
- Data engineering
- Data science
- Digital signal processing design and programming
- Field programmable gate arrays (FPGA)
- High performance computing
- Imagery science
- Machine learning
- Mission assurance
- Power systems
- Project/program management
- Radiation hardening
- RF communications
- RF waveform design
- Satellite bus and payload - power, structures, electronics, command/control, etc.
- Satellite communications
- Signal processing and analysis
- Solar technology
- Systems architecting
- Systems engineering
- A bachelor's degree in one of the following fields or related studies (or comparable work experience):
- Data science and analytics
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale