As a Materials Research Scientist in the physical science research group within CIA's Directorate of Science and Technology (DS&T), you will apply scientific and engineering expertise as an integral member of a technical team of innovative, expert problem solvers who deliver new solutions in support of CIA's mission to collect foreign intelligence.
DS&T Materials Research Scientists combine specialized technical knowledge and skills across disciplines, to design, steer, and participate in the work of collaborative teams. Your work will be realized by leveraging advancements in materials science with an emphasis on developing novel capabilities and providing technical insights on the nation's most difficult national security challenges.
You will develop your expertise with Agency-sponsored continuing education, academic and conference participation, and highly integrated on the job training with domain experts.RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further requirements information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/requirements/
- Demonstrated proficiency in:
- Ability to learn new skills in pace with technological advances
- Adapting to fast paced, dynamic requirement environments
- Interpersonal, organizational, and planning skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team and independent work ethic
- Experience performing and managing research
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Advanced degree with an emphasis on materials research
- Proven ability to leverage existing and emerging technology to deliver solutions
- Multi-disciplinary teamwork experience
- Program Management Certification
- Experience designing innovative research programs
- Experience managing a range of research efforts at varying complexity
- Master's degree in Material Science, Engineering, Physics or a related field
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale