Summary General Maintenance Worker Huntsville, AL
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level! Our Strength Is Our People
We believe taking care of our employees will deliver the best support to our customers and our community. Our success is attributable to our employees. We recruit and retain civic-minded people who fit our family-oriented small business culture.
Valued people deliver the highest level of professionalism and support to our customers. We provide our employees with a positive work environment and social activities that reinforce teamwork.
The General Maintenance Worker
will provide general maintenance and operate cost-effectively the assets, including property, administrative facilities, infrastructure, and services necessary to support the MDA mission while enhancing the safety and quality of the workplace environment. Responsibilities
- Provide general maintenance for facility systems operations and building and facilities logistical service support at the MDA facilities
- Perform move and relocation services, assembly, disassembly, and reconfiguration of system furniture
- Perform vehicle and shipment support services, signage, and business center support
- Set up and tear down chairs, tables, and equipment in conference rooms and functional rooms
- Utilize government-furnished equipment, software, and materials to produce and manage facility interior room signage and nameplate signage for cubicles
- Perform records management
- Perform systems furniture support, including reconfiguring and building outs
- Inspect building support assets, including elevators, kitchen appliances, environmental control systems, and electrical systems
- Repair and maintain mechanical equipment, buildings, and machines, including plumbing work, painting, sheetrock repair, flooring repair and upkeep, electrical repairs and heating, and air conditioning system maintenance
- Perform basic repair and maintenance
- Management of Facility walkways, including clearing ice and snow from entrances and walkways
- Perform movement and configuration of floor boxes
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Proven 5+ years of maintenance experience
- Experience performing routine maintenance
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices
- Interim Secret clearance is required on day one. Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance for the duration of the contract.
How you'll grow
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools, including common tools, like hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Ability to disassemble and reassemble machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts
- Ability to understand and use blueprints, electrical schematics, facility drawings repair manuals, and parts catalogs
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills with an eye for detail
- Professional presentation and attitude
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot mechanical systems, including elevators, lighting, and electrical circuits
- Good customer/people skills and ability to communicate well
- Ability to provide detailed reporting and record-keeping
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition T eam
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program