Summary Acquisition Specialist Washington, DC
Are you ready to enhance your skills and build your career in a rapidly evolving business climate? Are you looking for a career where professional development is embedded in your employer's core culture? If so, Chenega Military, Intelligence & Operations Support (MIOS) could be the place for you! Join our team of professionals who support large-scale government operations by leveraging cutting-edge technology and take your career to the next level!
As one of the newest Chenega companies, Chenega Defense & Aerospace Solutions (CDAS) was developed with the purpose of providing expert Engineering and Technical Support Services to federal customers.
The Acquisition Specialist
handles orders that involve choosing specific products or materials from the establishments' product lines to satisfy customer needs. The Acquisition Specialist
will determine the price to be quoted when pricing is more complex than referring to a price list or making a mathematical calculation. Responsibilities
- Research and prepare quotes for SSP's IT hardware inventory.
- Ensure acquisitions align with budget constraints and resource availability.
- Support the development of Purchase Requests (PRs)
- Navigate and adhere to complex federal regulations and defense acquisition policies.
- Identify and mitigate risks associated with defense procurement, including security risks, technology vulnerabilities, and geopolitical considerations.
- Oversee quality control and assurance processes to ensure that acquired equipment and technology meet standards.
- Oversee the testing and evaluation of equipment and technology to ensure they meet performance and safety standards.
- Maintain detailed records and provide reports on acquisition progress, costs, and compliance with regulations.
- Request and evaluate vendor quotes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Associate degree and 3-5 years of acquisitions experience OR
- High school diploma or GED equivalent and an additional 2+ years of experience
- Must understand licensing
- IT Certifications: No CompTIA certification is required
- Ability to obtain interim secret clearance
How you'll grow
- Knowledge of federal government acquisitions of commercial suppliers and/or services
- Knowledge of and experience with the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)
At Chenega MIOS, our professional development plan focuses on helping our team members at every level of their careers to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn.
We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers. Benefits
At Chenega MIOS, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our team members and offer them a broad range of benefits.
Learn more about what working at Chenega MIOS can mean for you. Chenega MIOS's culture
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our team members to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and continuously look for new ways to maintain a culture where we excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Corporate citizenship
Chenega MIOS is led by a purpose to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our team members, and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities.
Learn more about Chenega's impact on the world.
Chenega MIOS News- https://chenegamios.com/news/ Tips from your Talent Acquisition T eam
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Chenega MIOS to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your research, we suggest you review the following links:
Chenega MIOS web site - www.chenegamios.com
Glassdoor - https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Chenega-MIOS-EI_IE369514.11,23.htm
LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/company/1472684/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/chenegamios/
#Chenega Defense & Aerospace Solutions, LLC
Chenega Corporation and family of companies is an EOE.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Native preference under PL 93-638.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program