ERP International is seeking full time Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to support various outpatient clinics, including the Cardiology and OB/GYN Clinics at the Eglin Hospital at Eglin AFB, Fort Walton Beach, FL.
Be the Best! Join our team of exceptional health care professionals across the nation. Come discover the immense pride and job satisfaction ERP Employees experience in providing care for our Military Members, their Families and Retired Military Veterans! ERP International is honored to have been named one of The Washington Post's 2023 Top Workplaces!
Connect With Us! Apply online today and discover more about this exceptional employment opportunity. www.erpinternational.com
* Excellent Compensation & Exceptional Comprehensive Benefits!
* Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Time, Plus 11 Paid Federal Holidays!
* Medical/Dental/Vision, Health Savings Account available, STD, LTD and Life Insurance! and more!
* Annual CME Stipend and License/Certification Reimbursement!
* Matching 401K!
About ERP International, LLC: ERP is a nationally respected provider of health, science, and technology solutions supporting clients in the government and commercial sectors. We provide comprehensive enterprise information technology, strategic sourcing, and management solutions to DoD and federal civilian agencies in 40 states. Founded in 2006, ERP is headquartered in Laurel, MD and maintains satellite offices in Montgomery, AL and San Antonio, TX - plus project locations nationwide. ERP is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Disability and Veteran.
Monday - Friday, 9 hours between 7:00am and 5:00pm, including a one hour lunch
Job Specific Details and Tasks: LPNs must be willing to work in various clinics, dependent upon the needs of the hospital. The duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• This requirement is for a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse for outpatient care.
• The LPN shall comply with standards of care and practice in accordance with all established policies, procedures, and guidelines used in the medical treatment facility.
• Provides care within ethical and legal boundaries.
• Synthesize data from a variety of sources and make appropriate clinical decisions.
• The LPN shall carry out patient care assignments based on the scope of practice and skill level of assigned personnel and with direct oversight of a Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse;
• Assess patient and recognize adverse signs and symptoms and quickly react in emergency situations, to include the determination of optimal time and location for patient management (ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required.
• The LPN shall communicate treatment plans and patient teaching in accordance with established protocols.
• Collects and assesses significant patient history information and performs all necessary patient teaching.
• The LPN shall communicate and collaborate with a diverse group of people for the purpose of informing the healthcare team of plans/actions, for teaching/education to benefit the patient/family and organization. Effectively uses appropriate communication format in addressing professional issues.
• The LPN shall demonstrate skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other clinic specific equipment.
• Performs/assists with procedures such as bladder catheterizations, administration of oxygen, visual acuity tests, EKGs, irrigation of eyes and ears, tympanograms, splinting, phlebotomy and other clinic specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols.
• Clean and store equipment properly at the end of each work shift, ensures preventive maintenance and routine cleaning are performed as directed, ensure medication/supplies are replenished.
• LPN's may precept, which is participate in the orientation, training, and evaluation of duty performance of newly assigned personnel, as appropriate.
• Ensure a safe work environment, employee safe work habits and patient safety IAW regulatory agencies, infection control policies, and process improvement initiatives.
• Complete orientation and competency verification programs in accordance with (IAW) unit guidelines. Perform accurate documentation, both written and electronic, of all activity, including telephone contacts, in accordance with requirements.
• The LPN shall maintain open communication lines, both intra-departmentally and inter-departmentally, to provide for total needs of the patient.
• LPNs shall possess ability to acquire and use basic computer skills to enter patient data and extract patient's information, from a variety of sources to include Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (ALTHA) and Integrated Clinical Database (ICDB).
• The LPN shall possess knowledge of medical privacy and confidentiality (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act [HIPAA]), and accreditation standards of Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC), The Joint Commission (TJC), and Clinical Practice Guidelines (CPGs).
• Administer medications, electrolytes, fluids, blood, and blood products.
• Adhere to perioperative, infection control and safety policies and procedures.
• The LPN shall possess knowledge and experience in Patient Advocacy, Patient Privacy, and Customer Relation.
• Release medical information obtained during the course of this contract to other MTF staff involved in the care and treatment of that individual patient.
• Their productivity shall be comparable to that of other comparable positions assigned to the same position and authorized the same scope of care.
• The outpatient LPN can be assigned to any of the outpatient clinics operating on the 96th MDG campus as required with coordination of the COR and the contract company.
* Degree/Education: Graduate of an approved Practical/Vocational Nursing program.
* Experience: Shall have a minimum of 1 year recent nursing experience in either an outpatient or inpatient setting
* Licensure: Active/unrestricted LPN/LVN license from any state.
* Clinical Certification: Proof of IV therapy training/certification or additional education equivalency or certification.
* Life Support Certifications: Possess current ARC or AHA BLS certification.
* Security: Possess ability to pass a background check/security clearance.