MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Education
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or a related engineering field.
- In lieu of education, 4 years of progressively responsible experience in rapid-rail transit, track and structural maintenance and inspection may be considered.
- A minimum of 6 years of progressively responsible experience in rapid-rail transit, track and structural maintenance and inspection.
- Ultrasonic Certification Level II must be attained within 1 year of acquiring the job.
- Ultrasonic Certification Level II.
Satisfactorily complete the medical examination for this position, if required. The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of this position either with or without reasonable accommodations. SUMMARY
The Specialist, TGV Operations & Inspections is a safety sensitive position responsible for coordinating and administering the activities associated with the Track Geometry Vehicle (TGV) operation in providing condition assessment of all mainline and secondary track infrastructure system-wide, in relation to track and way testing and evaluation. This positions also has responsibility for analyzing Track Geometry and Ultrasonic Testing data and initiating safety critical, operations decisions regarding the availability of track. Will also participate in the initiation and implementation of appropriate policies and procedures associated with the TGV program. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
OTHER FUNCTIONS The functions listed are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Nor is it intended to limit in any way the right of managers and supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision. Evaluation Criteria
- Communicates with various departments for the coordination of testing with the TGV at any time, on any section of railroad in the WMATA system.
- Both in the mainline and secondary tracks.
- Operates the TGV throughout the WMATA rail system by communicating with Rail Operations Control Center (ROCC) and internal rail operations stakeholders.
- This includes physical operation of the vehicle itself.
- Responsible for the proper setup and storage of the vehicle from beginning to end of operation.
- This includes setup of the onboard computer systems in order to perform testing by the TGV.
- Manages Ultrasonic Testing project activities on the TGV.
- This includes adherence to policies and procedures, along with the operation of the Ultrasonic Testing equipment on the TGV.
- Also conducts field verifications with handheld ultrasonic testing equipment.
- Responsible for the complete analysis of Ultrasonic Testing data in order to make safety critical decisions.
- Operates the Track Geometry Measure System (TGMS) on the TGV and administers the adherence to associate TGMS policies and procedures.
- Responsible for proper management, technical analysis and distribution of the data acquired from the TGV data collection and inspection vehicle.
- This position collects and distributes data to various departments with a priority of any defects discovered by the TGV.
- This includes any and all reporting by the TGV within Maximo and other documentation required for the TGV.
- Responsible for initial analysis of data collected by the TGMS to facilitate safety critical operations decisions.
- Recommend improvements in work methods and techniques to improve operations of the TGV and the overall track geometry program.
- Document and provide management with written procedures as it relates to TGV operations.
- Evaluates the efficiency and effectiveness of assigned inspection and track condition assessments.
- Assessing such items as testing schedules, testing supplies, testing equipment calibrations, verification of field track condition.
- Manages the proper working condition of testing equipment as it relates to the effective inspection schedule, and to ensure continuous availability of safe, efficient and clean use of the Track Geometry Vehicle, and supporting equipment.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.