Are you a highly motivated, tech savvy, team player looking to learn and work in a fast-paced environment? If so, join Metro as a Project Financial Controls Office as we continue to restore and improve Metro's infrastructure and facilities. Metro is seeking multiple Project Coordinators in our Project Controls Office to support the Capital Construction Project program. As a member of the Project Financial Controls team, you will help Metro to maintain the fiscal accountability necessary to continue its multibillion-dollar capital construction program to modernize public transit in the nation's capital. More About this Position
The successful candidate will work with construction program and project managers, budget and accounting staff to develop realistic total project costs, create cash flow forecasts, and manage project baseline processes. Forecasts include risk identification and tracking, schedule analysis and progress tracking. You will interact, collaborate and engage with employees, consultants and contractors to coordinate delivery of project controls documentation for a large portfolio of capital construction projects. You will be responsible for implementing new and existing technology tools to collect, analyze and report critical data about project performance schedules, cash flow forecasts, and total project costs to track metrics and key performance indicators. You are highly flexible and adaptable, focusing on continuous improvement to serve the needs of both the construction management teams and WMATA executive management. Ideal candidates will have skills and experience with strong data analytic skills and experience project schedule management tools, analysis tools such as Power BI and/or Tableau, databases and total project cost forecasting.
This position has flexible workplace reporting in MD-VA-DC offices with telecommuting up to two days per week. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration, or a related field.
- A minimum of nine (9) years of experience in construction or project management. Extensive knowledge of project control and transportation-related project administration.
- Posesses a valid driver's license
Ability to complete satisfactorily the medical examination for this position. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations. Job Summary/Duties:
This position is responsible for assisting the Program or Project Manager in the planning, implementation and completion of highly complex multi-discipline tasks related to managing the construction, rehabilitation, upgrade, or enhancement of the Authority's transit system. The incumbent performs a vast range of duties to include capital funding allocations, budgeting, planning, reporting, and expenditures approval for all contracts within the project. The incumbent acts as a liaison with both internal and external entities to ensure effective communication in the resolution of administrative and technical issues related to projects. The incumbent prepares project-related reports and is responsible for the maintenance of project records and files. The incumbent works under the general direction of the Manager in accordance with existing guidelines or administrative policies but will be required to modify and develop procedures to meet new or unusual work situations. The incumbent receives guidance from the Manager who periodically reviews the work performed on the basis of informal daily contacts, conferences, and reports and who evaluates the employee's performance based upon observations of employee's effectiveness in meeting assigned objectives. This is professional administrative and technical nature of work. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
OTHER FUNCTIONS The above duties and responsibilities are not intended to limit specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. It is not intended to limit in any way the right of supervisors to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision. Evaluation Criteria
- Reviews and advises the Manager on confidential and other sensitive matters for the Manager (e.g., Authority-wide confidential payroll records for managing project management costs, personnel recruitment, promotions, selections, transfers and releases short- and long-term project staffing requirements and other personnel matters to include the investigation/resolution of all project employee).
- Analyzes and prepares reports based on confidential information regarding Authority estimates for negotiating consultant contracts, appraisals for real estate acquisitions, and estimates for contracts, task orders, and change orders.
- Maintains cost controls for all project-related activities in strict adherence to the approved project budget.
- Participates in the development of the capital, operating reimbursable and operating budgets for the Manager.
- Reviews funding availability and assists with the funding of change orders, supplemental agreements, and work orders involving capital or operating reimbursable funds.
- Assists in the preparation of financial reprogramming documents. Recommends to Manager approval of capital payments to contractors, vendors, and consultants. Prepares invoices for submittal to Owners, Developers and Contractors (ODC's).
- Assists on a continual basis in the analyses and appraisals of the current status and forecasts of project activity vis-à-vis time, cost and quantity criteria to ensure completion of the project on-time and within budget.
- Assists on a continual basis in the overall program administration activities related to the planning, design, and construction / implementation phases of the project and provides reports as required.
- Prepares or requests Metro Electronic Action Documents, construction or implementation progress and status reports and other relevant data for projects.
- Utilizes PeopleSoft to create projects, prepare queries, enter and retrieve information, produce reports and conduct analyses as required.
- Prepares and edits documents utilizing the authority's standard software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access to complete assigned duties.
- Responsible and accountable for developing and submitting a realistic and reasonable project budget and for issuing appropriate progress reports as required to record the project's advancements or delays.
- The report shall include a register of completed tasks, all payments issued and any problems causing delays, redirection of focus or that impacts project delivery timeline or strategy.
- A progress report will be provided to OMBS as well as the program's front office (SLT member) as required.
- Responsible for cost allocation to appropriate projects and for the timely and accurate review and approval of applicable invoices.
Consideration will be given to applicants whose resumes demonstrate the required education and experience. Applicants should include all relevant education and work experience.
Evaluation criteria may include one or more of the following:
- Skills and/or behavioral assessment
- Personal interview
- Verification of education and experience (including certifications and licenses)
- Criminal Background Check (a criminal conviction is not an automatic bar to employment)
- Medical examination including a drug and alcohol screening (for safety sensitive positions)
- Review of a current motor vehicle report
WMATA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by applicable federal law.
This posting is an announcement of a vacant position under recruitment. It is not intended to replace the official job description. Job descriptions are available upon confirmation of an interview.