Job AnnouncementThis position includes a signing bonus of $2,500 (full-time) for new county hires.
This is an exciting time to join Fairfax County Government as we shape racial and social equity policies in the county through the One Fairfax Policy. Using this framework, we intentionally consider equity when making policies or delivering programs and services. To learn more, we highly encourage you to watch the Becoming One Fairfax—An Introduction to Key Concepts video by clicking here
and visit the One Fairfax webpage here
.ABOUT THIS POSITION:
Works as part of the Adult and Aging Division.
Employment StandardsMINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Provides intensive community-based case management services to older adults and adults with disabilities.
- Assesses functional eligibility for Medicaid long term care services, conducts assessments and monitors the provision of in-home services.
- Assesses risks posed to clients and may conduct self-neglect investigations.
- Helps clients and families with plans to eliminate risk.
- Requires assessment, care planning, and coordination skills, the ability to manage competing priorities, and to respond effectively to both deadlines and crisis situations.
- Attends and participates in local meetings.
- Requires assessment, care planning and coordination skills; the ability to manage competing priorities and to respond effectively to crisis situations.
- Works with the client, family and service providers to resolve service delivery issues.
- Completes required paperwork and follows policy required by the state.
- Utilizes local and state information systems for individual client record keeping and tracking.
- Performs record keeping according to local and state policy requirements within designated timeframes.
- The primary purpose of the Adult and Aging Division is to ensure resources, advocacy, safety and well-being of older adults, adults with disabilities and caregivers are met. To ensure that the division can carry out its purpose and meet the agency’s responsibilities related to advocacy, protection, and wellbeing, the Adult and Aging Division Director may move or reassign this position’s related work duties and responsibilities within the job class.
Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a bachelor's degree, plus two years of professional social work experience. A master's degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of the required experience.CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES REQUIRED
Valid driver's license.NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
The appointee to this position will be required to complete a criminal background check, a Child Protective Services Registry, and a driving record check to the satisfaction of the employer.PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Master's degree in social work (MSW).
- One year of professional social work experience working with older adults or adults with disabilities.
- Working knowledge of community-based and long-term care services.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Experience using automated technology and software programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook
Sufficiently mobile to do home visits and able to communicate with clients. Ability to use automated technology. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing. All duties performed with or without reasonable accommodations.SELECTION PROCEDURE:
Panel interview and may include a practical exercise.
The population of Fairfax County is very diverse where 39.8% of residents speak a language other than English at home (Spanish, Asian/Pacific Islander, Indo-European, and others)
and we encourage candidates bilingual in English and a foreign language to apply to this opportunity.Fairfax County Government prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetics, political affiliation, or military status in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of its workforce.
Reasonable accommodations are available to persons with disabilities during application and/or interview processes per the Americans with Disabilities Act. Contact 703-324-4900 for assistance. TTY 703-222-7314. DHREmployment@fairfaxcounty.gov