Westat is an employee-owned corporation providing research services to agencies of the U.S. Government, as well as businesses, foundations, and state and local governments. Westat's research, technical, and administrative staff of more than 2,000 is located at our headquarters in Rockville, Maryland, near Washington, DC.
Westat is committed to building a diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity, belonging and equity for all. We believe that our greatest strength draws on the different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives and experiences of our employees.
Westat has an opening for a Research Analyst to join our Clinical Research Practice to work with a multidisciplinary team of researchers focused on clinical research and other related areas of public health. Employment will begin in January 2024.
This position may be based in our Rockville office and is eligible for hybrid and/or remote work arrangement.Job Responsibilities:
- Assist project staff and study collaborators with the development and implementation of study protocols and standard operating procedures including preparing data collection forms, procedural manuals, monitoring reports, and other study documentation.
- Maintain study documents, host meetings with study collaborators and project staff, assist with project-related day-to-day study communications and project management tasks.
- Develop training materials and facilitate the delivery of training on established study protocols.
- Collaborate with the project team on the development of reports, manuscripts, dashboards and study tracking documents, and other deliverables.
Other Required Qualifications:
- Typically requires a master's degree in public health; candidates receiving an MPH by May 2024 will also be considered.
- Prior experience supporting clinical and/or epidemiologic research.
- Candidates must be highly organized, detail-oriented, able to take initiative, and able to work on a breadth of activities.
- Demonstrated communication skills and good interpersonal skills are essential.
Westat offers a well-rounded and comprehensive benefits program focused on wellness and work/life balance. Subject to plan requirements, employees may participate in:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Parental Leave
- Vacation Leave (15 days per year)
- Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Holiday Leave (7 government holidays plus 2 floating holidays)
- Professional Development
- Health Advocate
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Accident Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life and AD&D Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Health Savings Account
Westat is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity or expression, or any other protected status under applicable law.