US Citizenship:Required Summary
The MIL Corporation is seeking a highly motivated Information Assurance Lead/ISSM to work in a dynamic environment supporting a government agency. The Information Assurance Lead will act as the government's subject matter expert and will provide security assurance for our client in San Antonio, TX. Responsibilities
- Serve as the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and function as the primary technical representative for issues affecting the security of customer systems/applications, working directly with the Program and Project Managers
- Ensure the organization complies with all security principles and policies under the RMF and FISMA
- Assist the Government in complying with legal and statutory reporting requirements, mandatory FISMA reporting guidance, and Office of Management and Budget (OMB) data calls
- Function as the primary Cyber Security representative for ensuring customer systems are assessed, comprehensively tested, and authorized to connect to the network
- Prepare A&A packages for Government review and validation, and provide A&A information to the Government Information Assurance Lead for appropriate tracking
- Ensure authorization packages meet mandatory requirements for approval by the Authorizing Official (AO)
- Identify and analyze threats and vulnerabilities to information systems to maintain the appropriate level of protection
- Perform risk analysis, testing, and assessments when modifications and/or changes occur to applications/systems
- Review and provide appropriate approval for all hardware, software, and firmware products that provide security features and/or IA enabling capabilities prior to use on any assessed and authorized information system operating on the network
- Execute computer security plans and enforce mandatory access control techniques to prevent unauthorized persons from using network facilities
- Limit access to privileged programs (i.e., operating system, system parameter and configuration files, and databases), utilities, and security-relevant programs/data files to authorized personnel
- Evaluate unusual circumstances to recognize and define potential vulnerabilities, and select and oversee the installation of physical and technical security barriers to prevent others from improperly obtaining such information
- Identify, manage, and verify cybersecurity requirements in the same manner as all other system requirements
- Identify the requirements that are security critical, and identify and establish corresponding controls for these requirements; Ensure and document bi-directional traceability between security controls and requirements
- Coordinate with contract and Government teams to implement the applicable cybersecurity controls through the systems engineering technical processes including stakeholder requirements definition, requirements analysis, architecture design, implementation, integration, and verification and validation (V&V).
- Must have any of the approved Information Assurance Manager (IAM) Level II Certification: Certified Authorization Professional (CAP), CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) CE, CISM, Certified Information Security Manager (CISSP) or Associate, or GIAC Security Leadership (GSLC).
- A minimum of five years of experience as an ISSO/M or experience in a similar (i.e., size, scope, and complexity) technical area.
- A minimum of five years of experience with managing a team.
- A minimum of five years management and practical experience in conducting Certification and Accreditation (RMF A&A) in a DoD environment.
- DoD approved cybersecurity baseline certifications require continuing education units (CEUs) to stay current. Commercial certification providers define the criteria for acceptable continuing education units.
- A minimum of ten years of experience as an ISSO or experience in a similar technical area.
A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience Clearance
Active Secret clearance, ability to gain interim Secret clearance, or hold a successfully completed a Tier 3 (T3) investigation or Tier 3 Reinvestigation (T3R). Compensation
The MIL Corporation values your contribution and offers a range of benefits to support your overall well-being. We are pleased to offer a comprehensive range of benefits to our full-time employees which includes health, life, disability, and retirement plans, as well as paid time off, opportunities for professional growth and tuition assistance. Additional benefits and incentives may also apply, which will be communicated during the hiring process.
Salary at MIL is determined based on factors such as qualifications, experience, and contractual limitations. For this position, the projected compensation range is $107,026.00 - $160,540.00 per year. This estimate represents the typical salary range is just one part of MIL's complete compensation package. Why MIL?
The MIL Corporation (MIL) is a dynamic workforce of industry professionals who deliver world-class solutions in cyber, engineering, financial management, and information technology - and we are looking for candidates like you! Whether you're fresh out of college, the military, or well into your professional services career, MIL has great job opportunities that might be a great fit.
Here at MIL, we pride ourselves on the family-like environment instilled amongst our team. Our employees love working here and it truly shows through our various recognitions & awards. Some of our most recent awards include:
- 2021-2022, Top Workplaces USA award (Energage)
- 2017-2022 Top Workplaces Award, Greater Washington Area (The Washington Post)
- 2018-2022 Certified Great Workplace, Great Place to Work®
- 2021 & 2022, Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services™
- 2021 Fortune Best Workplaces for Millennials™
- 2018 Fortune, Great Place to Work: Best Place to Work for Diversity
- 2020- 2022, 2017, Top Workplace Award, South Carolina (Greenville Business Magazine, Columbia Business Monthly, and Charleston Business Magazine)
- 2022 Freedom Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
- 2018, Above & Beyond Award, Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR), Department of Defense
If your goal is to help the federal government deploy leading technologies, improve financial management, or defend the nation in cyberspace, MIL welcomes you. Become a part of something greater, where you, the people, make the difference. The MIL Corporation is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity and sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.