As a DST Data Scientist in Collection and Exploitation for CIA, you will leverage our exquisite collection capabilities to help understand the world, derive key insights, and enable successful operations. CIA's collection systems offer specialized insights spanning a wide range of phenomena and types of data; the data science/exploitation work occurs across the Agency. You will be working with teams of world-class experts, both internal and external to CIA - in many cases you will be steering the work of large collaborative teams. Your work will be realized using advanced hardware, software, and computational platforms with an emphasis of highly scalable and efficient solutions to bring exploitation capabilities to production and bear insights on the nation's most difficult national security challenges. Problem solving is highly collaborative, so you will be working with problem domain experts, data and collection experts, systems designers and integrators, and with analysts who interpret the insights you will be deriving. You will develop your expertise with both Agency-sponsored continuing education, academic and conference participation, and highly integrated on the job training with deep domain experts. RequirementsConditions of Employment
- You must be physically in the United States or one of its territories when you submit your resume via MyLINK.
- You must be registered for the Selective Service, if applicable.
- You must be a U.S. citizen and at least 18 years of age (dual-national US citizens are eligible).
- You must be willing to move to the Washington, DC area.
- You must successfully complete a thorough medical and psychological exam, a polygraph interview, and a comprehensive background investigation.
- For further requirements information, please visit: https://www.cia.gov/careers/how-we-hire/requirements/
- Experience in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) related field, such as:
- Computational Social Science
- Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Geospatial Analysis
- Operations Research
- Quantitative Finance
- Experience with real world data through thesis research, internships, or work experience
- Leadership abilities
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a diverse team environment
- Electrical Engineering
- Ability to meet the minimum requirements for joining CIA , including U.S. citizenship and a background investigation
- Advanced degree in a data science equivalent field or sub-field
- Without previous work experience, a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale is strongly desired.
- Experience working with data rich problems through research or programs
- Experience with computer programming or user experience/user interface
- Ability to work across, and help guide, diverse teams including leveraging best commercial and industrial capability.
- Ability to successfully complete projects with large or incomplete data and provide solutions
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a quantitative science, engineering, or other STEM field
- At least a 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale