The incumbent furthers the EAC's efforts by working alongside the EAC finance team to ensure accurate and timely deliverables and tracking of all aspects of the agency's financial operations from formulation to execution and closeout, while adhering to all relevant financial policies and regulations. The incumbent reports to the Director of Finance.Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
RequirementsConditions of Employment
- Independently reviewing and analyzing the monthly status of funds reports, as well as tracking all obligations and expenditures against the appropriate agency spend plans.
- Assisting in budget preparation, formulation and execution using program knowledge and analytical tools while working with appropriate internal and external offices.
- As a part of the formulation and reporting processes, drafting, reviewing, and editing Congressional Budget Justification and Agency Financial Report narratives while keeping a strong eye for formatting and content.
- Working directly with the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) and the US Treasury's Bureau of Fiscal Service (BFS) to review and submit SF-132 and SF-133 documents as necessary.
- Developing long-range budget planning procedures and cost factors to analyze budget and performance considerations.
- Assisting in preparing background and planning documents for budget development such as forecasting, monitoring, and analyzing compensation and benefits and tracking and analyzing full-time equivalents (FTE).
- Serving as Contract Officer Representative, managing contracts and interagency agreements with various internal and external contacts.
- Ensuring the adequacy of internal and management controls to comply with applicable federal financial policies and regulations, such as Federal Managers Financial Integrity Act (FMFIA), the Chief Financial Officers (CFO) Act, and related OMB Circulars among others.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must meet all qualifications prior to the closing date of this announcement.
- Candidates must be a US Citizen.
- Knowledge of budget guidance to include GAO Federal Appropriations Law Red Book; OMB Circular A-11 Preparation, Submission and Execution of the Budget; OMB Circular A-136: Financial Reporting Requirements; OMB Circular A-123: Management's Responsibility for Enterprise Risk Management and Internal Controls; other relevant financial regulations.
- Expertise in Federal accounting procedures and financial management to create financial statements and reports; navigate applicable financial systems; and analyze and evaluate financial data.
- Expertise in Excel and with basic data processing features such as pivot tables and data cross-referencing.
Possesses skills in responding appropriately and effectively to a variety of stakeholders and individuals, both internal and external to the agency, at various levels of government. Demonstrates an ability to be tactful and to treat others with respect. Shows skills in developing networks, achieving cooperation, and collaborating with others to achieve desired outcomes.Communications:
Ability to effectively communicate clear concise both orally and written with the ability to respectfully understand and consider other views.Attention to Detail:
Ensures information is complete and accurate and follows up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.Customer Service:
Demonstrates a commitment to public service; serves and satisfies internal and external customers; holds self-accountable for quality outcomes.Teamwork:
Works well in a team environment and helps others to accomplish objectives. Shows an ability to independently seek out information and solutions as necessary.TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
Strong administrative knowledge and skills with the ability to multitask with multiple projects and provide precise effective information.
Ability to use Microsoft Office or other programs necessary to create and revise a wide range of documents, spreadsheets, and slides in the Finance Division.
Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication to internal and external stakeholders at all levels. Education
This job does not have an education qualification requirement. Additional information
You must submit all required information by the closing date. If materials are not received, your application will be evaluated solely on the information available, and you may not receive full consideration or may not be considered eligible.
The materials you send with your application will not be returned. Send only those materials needed to evaluate your application.
If you use public transportation, part of your transportation costs may be subsidized.