Drives one or more types of passenger buses which carry 16 or more passengers. Drives predetermined and/or scheduled routes or special runs such as touring trips to historic locations and recreation events/facilities. Reads maps and judges road/traffic conditions to determine the shortest and safest route. Provides friendly, polite, and courteous service. Enforces passenger seatbelt use. May check I.D. cards to ensure authorization of passengers as required.
Performs operator maintenance, such as checking fluid levels and air pressure in tires, cleaning and washing of vehicles and performing inspection checklists to ensure safe and proper operation.
Maintains records and documents actions on operator inspection checklists/forms and accident/incident reports. Uses two-way radio (or other device) to maintain communications with dispatcher/supervisor on assignments and locations.
Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean work environment. Uses and assures proper fit of required safety equipment and clothing.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
If interested in applying for this position you may preview the online application: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/12151314 RequirementsConditions of Employment
QualificationsWho May Apply: Open to everyone. Applicants will be categorized by preference(s) and/or priority consideration eligibilities. An applicant's eligibility will be determined based on eligibility claimed in the questionnaire and proof of eligibility MUST be provided with application by the closing date,
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a background investigation with favorable results.
- This position requires the incumbent to complete a favorable physical examination.
- This position requires the incumbent to have a drug testing.
Business Based Action, Military Spouse Preference, Outside Applicant Veteran, Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran, and Transition Hiring Preference
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if the position allows for qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.Qualifying Experience:
Must have experience which demonstrates knowledge of and skill in operating buses capable of carrying 16 or more passengers; traffic and safety regulations, practices and procedures pertaining to motor vehicle operation (buses); and passenger safety rules. In addition, must have experience which demonstrates the ability to: communicate orally; be courteous; judge road/traffic conditions and read maps to determine the shortest and safest route; interpret instructions, specifications related to motor vehicle operation (buses); do preventive maintenance and ensure passenger safety. Requires reaching, turning or moving hands, arms, feet and legs; associated duties require stooping, bending and climbing. Lifts and carries objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas:Education
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. This position does not allow for education substitution.FOREIGN EDUCATION:
Education completed in foreign colleges or universities may be used to meet the requirements. You must show proof the education credentials have been deemed to be at least equivalent to that gained in conventional U.S. education program. It is your responsibility to provide such evidence when applying. Additional information
- Individual must fully meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Direct deposit is required.
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check.
- A probationary period may be required.
- Pre-employment requirements must be satisfactorily met prior to Entrance on Duty (EOD).
- Payment of Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this job opportunity announcement. And additional selections may also be made from this job opportunity announcement.
- Selection(s) are subject to restrictions resulting from hiring preferences and priority consideration eligible.
- This is a Nonappropriated Fund (NAF) position carrying out Morale, Welfare and Recreation (MWR) activities for the Air Force and Space Force.
- This position is included in a bargaining unit.
- Union Name AFGE and Local or Chapter Number 1092.