Locations: TX - Plano, United States of America, Plano, Texas
Auto Partnerships Project Manager The Financial Services team ensures well managed delivery of the organization's highest priority initiatives. As a Manager, Project Manager on the team, you will lead your team in the delivery of a variety of projects across the Financial Service This role is an individual contributor role, but may eventually include people leadership responsibilities. The successful candidate will:
- Drive projects based on defined priorities; ensure scope of deliverables, timelines and budget are met; identify risks and issues and mitigate and / or escalate as needed
- Plan, design, manage and execute project plans to ensure delivery. This activity includes management through feasibility, design, planning and implementation.
- Leverage problem solving skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent and maintain key project documentation
- Partner with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Forge relationships with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments both internally and external to Capital One
- Identify ways to improve and streamline business process
- Leading large complex projects and programs involving both internal and external partners by providing strategic direction to projects, peers, and senior leadership.
- Designing, developing, and managing project plans in a complex dynamic environment, revising needs to meet changing requirements and to ensure efficient delivery of all Sales phases
- Ensuring seamless integration and alignment of objectives, deliverables, and timeliness between our organization and our external partners leading to projects that align with both internal and external standards.
- Leveraging problem solving and influencing skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent. Proactively identifying any roadblocks or issues and developing and implementing mitigation strategies to ensure resolution of any issues that arise.
- Partnering cross-functionally with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Building relationships and collaborating with key internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments through clear communication and mutual understanding of project objectives and deliverables
- Having excellent communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage, inform and influence outcomes. This communication will range from tactical to broad across performers and senior leadership and will cover complex topics like contract negotiations, legal objections, and tech integrations
- Displaying robust decision-making skills to navigate complex challenges to ensure client satisfaction.
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification
- At least 3 years of experience in project, risk, or process management
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in Project Management
- 2+ years of experience presenting to Senior Leadership
- 1+ year of experience in People Management
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).