Center 1 (19052), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Senior Auditor, Quality AssuranceCapital One's Audit function is a dedicated group of professionals focused on delivering top-quality assurance services to the organization's Audit Committee. Audit professionals are experienced, well-trained and credentialed, and operate within a collaborative, agile environment to deliver value-added opinions and recommendations. Audit's vision to provide high value, independent, proactive insights, to innovate with technology, and to be a top-notch talent destination, creates a dynamic and challenging atmosphere for both personal growth and professional opportunity.Capital One is seeking an energetic, self-motivated Senior Auditor to join the Audit Practices team. Audit Practices governs the framework for the department's audit methodology and oversees the quality assurance and improvement program. This position, Quality Assurance Senior Auditor, will be responsible for performing quality assurance reviews and driving key quality improvement initiatives.Responsibilities include:
Additionally, as part of the broader Audit Practices team, the candidate will:
- Coordination and execution of key quality assurance reviews, including providing input to planning and testing, as well as identification, development, and documentation of exceptions related to quality assurance reviews
- Deliver verbal and written communication to the audit teams and audit leadership
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with audit teams and audit leadership
- Establish and maintain good client relations within and outside the department
- Design and execute best-in-class operational processes and improvement initiatives of moderate complexity for the quality assurance and improvement program
Here's what we're looking for in an ideal teammate:
- Provide training and coaching to audit team members during quality assurance reviews as applicable, and the broader Audit Practices team
- Work independently under general supervision, and can exercise latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- You are a critical thinker who seeks to understand the business and its control environment.
- You believe insight and objectivity are core elements to providing assurance on the effectiveness and efficiency of Capital One's governance, risk management, and internal control processes.
- You possess a relentless focus on quality and timeliness.
- You adapt to change, embrace bold ideas, and are intellectually curious. You like to ask questions, test assumptions, and challenge conventional thinking.
- You develop influential relationships based upon shared risk objectives and trust to deliver outstanding business impact and elevate Audit's value proposition.
- You're a firm believer that a rich understanding of data, innovation, and technology will only make you a better auditor. This will require leveraging the power of data analytics and furthering your technical expertise.
- You're a teacher. You do the right thing and lead by example. You have a passion for coaching and investing in the betterment of your team. You lead through change with candor and optimism.
- You create energy and an environment that fosters trust, collaboration, and belonging, making it easy to attract, hire, and retain top talent.
- Bachelor's Degree or military experience
- At least 2 years of experience in auditing, at least 2 years of experience in accounting, at least 2 years of experience in financial analysis, at least 2 years of experience in compliance, or a combination.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Master's Degree in Accounting, Master's Degree in Finance or Master of Business Administration
Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or relevant certification
- 1+ years of experience in leading audits and performing in the role of auditor-in-charge
- 1+ years of experience in banking or in financial services
- 1+ years of experience in performing data analysis in support of internal auditing
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
This role is expected to accept applications for a minimum of 5 business days.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).