Responsibilities & Qualifications RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures the stable operation of the in-house computer software, systems, and network connections to include planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network software and communication links.
- Analyzes and resolves end user software program and connectivity issues.
- Provides end use training.
- Provide recommendations on technology direction to align with business vision.
- Provide both local and remote maintenance support to various operational systems deployed at more than one location including general maintenance, upgrades, and new installs of servers and applications.
- Applies advance technical knowledge of application networking, including load balancing applications, and ensuring fault tolerance.
- Performs vulnerability management.
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills and attention to details.
- Supervises assigned project staff and administrative reporting.
- Ensures quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Use excellent time management skills to prioritize tasks and workload.
- Oversees all work and takes corrective action as necessary to ensure success of assigned tasks, projects, and project staff.
- Seven (7) years of progressive experience in the field of Information Processing, six of which are specialized in numerous specialized Information Processing disciplines involving a range of hardware/software solutions, four of which are concentrated, hand-on experience in installing, configuring, maintaining, and resolving issues with various software.
- One of the following active IAT-II or III certifications:
- Security+ CE
- CASP+ CE
- CCNA Security
- CCNP Security
- CISSP (or Associate)
- DLA CE Cert IA Role/Function: Help Desk Tier II & III - may be obtained on day 1.
- MCITP SA, MCITP EA, MCSA: WS2016, MCSE: WS2016, MCSA: WS2016, MCSM:DS, M2012 NET, MCM: Windows Server 2016: Directory, MCA: MS Windows Server Directory, CCAA, GCWN M, MS Azure Admin or other approved certifications by the customer.
- Must have the following valid state driver's license, personal vehicle, and proof of insurance.
- In addition to the required qualifications, the highly successful candidate will have knowledge of, experience with, and/or certifications including but not limited to:
- Veritas NetBackup
- Citrix Xen Desktop
- VMWare vSphere and ESXI
- Citrix Hyperflex
We are seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to join our team supporting DLA Enterprise Service Delivery in Pearl Harbor, HI.
TekSynap is a fast-growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Pearl Harbor, HI.
- Type of environment: Office Setting, fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Noise level: Medium.
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift, Monday-Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10% travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: US Citizen
Clearance requirement: Must have a Secret clearance with IT-II sensitivity. OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
TekSynap is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact email@example.com for assistance.