Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of Windows and Linux-based computer systems. System administrator will ensure the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the computers they manage meet the needs of the users.
- Manage the day-to-day operations by monitoring system performance,
configuration, maintenance. and repair.
- Ensure that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained.
- Train staff on how to use software and hardware.
- Perform troubleshooting as required.
- Install, modify, and maintain systems and utility software.
- Diagnose and recommend fixes to problems or potential problems with the network and its hardware, software, and systems.
- Ensure the stable operation of the computer software systems and network connections.
- Plan, develop, install, configure, maintain, support, and optimize all network software and communication links.
- Analyze and resolve software program and connectivity issues.
- Install, configure, and maintain hardware and software.
- Top Secret security clearance required.
- 1-3 years of experience managing Windows and Linux servers, to include application configuration, patching, and operating system configuration.
- Working knowledge of Operating System (OS) configuration, security compliance (STIGs), and general troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated experience in creating and updating system documentation.
- Associates degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related area.
- Microsoft, Linux, and/or Linux focused certification(s).
We are seeking a System Administrator to join our team supporting the FBI's Information Technology Infrastructure Division.
TekSynap is a fast-growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the utmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Huntsville, AL
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Top Secret Security clearance required OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.