Responsibilities & QualificationsRESPONSIBILITIES
- Capture and reporting of IT Service Desk support metrics
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting for all users of the DTRA systems
- Maintain a web-based capability for DTRA users to enter, track and escalate Service Desk tickets, as well as self-service actions (currently using Remedy)
- Remote access configuration and support for DTRA users and external customers as required (supporting telework, off-site travel, and mission or contingency operations)
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot computer peripherals
- Provide tracking for all deployed IT assets from procurement to disposal to allow real-time accounting of IT assets to both government and contractor personnel
- Provide end-user software and application support
- Coordinate security and situational awareness concerns with DTRA NOSC
- Provide technical assistance and customer support in the operations and maintenance of wireless voice and data services.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- The Helpdesk Specialist will gather feedback directly from the service desk customer regarding their level of satisfaction with the service provided. Survey responses will be voluntary for customers. The survey content will be reviewed and utilized in performance reviews
- Service Desk call answering after normal business hours (0600 - 1800) are currently covered by the NOSC. Support services are limited outside the normal business hours unless advance arrangements are made to support scheduled after hours activities
- Performance measures for this position focus on effectiveness, responsiveness, and overall customer satisfaction
- Active US DoD Secret Clearance.
- 5 years of related experience
- 8570 IAT II level certification, i.e. active Security + CE
We are seeking a Help Desk Specialist II to provide technical support for our customer Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) in Alburquerque, NM.
TekSynap is a fast growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The safety and health of our employees is of the upmost importance. Employees are required to comply with any contractually mandated Federal COVID-19 requirements. More information can be found here .
By applying to a role at TekSynap you are providing consent to receive text messages regarding your interview and employment status. If at any time you would like to opt out of text messaging, respond "STOP".Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Develop Others
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Expertise
- Foster Innovation
- Results Oriented
- Customer Service
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: Kirtland AFB, New Mexico
- Type of environment: Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Regular daytime shift Monday - Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs
- Amount of Travel: 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Active DoD Secret Clearance OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.