Responsibilities & Qualifications
The Deputy Program Manager
is expected to be able to:
- Assist the Agile Program Manager performing administrative and coordination activities that contribute to the successful cost, schedule, and performance of a large technical contract.
- Perform as the backup contract management point of contact for the Government Program Manager (PM), Contracting Officer (CO), Contracting Officer Representative (COR), and senior management.
- Contribute to program efforts by working with the program delivery team to monitor cost, risk, schedule, and contract performance. Ensure efficient and effective execution of the contract.
- Communicate with technical personnel and interpret technical status and progress to non-technical staff/customers to ensure progress, issues and risk are discussed and addressed early.
- Assist in the development, implementation and management of project plans and schedules towards successful completion of predetermined long-range goals.
- Assists in management of contract including future task orders to attain optimal performance within contract cost and schedule parameters.
- Assists in the adjustment of resource estimation at project inception; tracking progress and planning, helping efforts re-planning and adjusting course based on both realities of team velocity and potential changes in user needs over the course of the project.
- Be familiar with and able to perform select management functions in the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Update and deliver select CDRLs on behalf on the Agile Program Manager and other program leaders.
- Experience in a project coordinator or project manager role with work being performed at multiple geographic locations
- Experience working directly with senior level corporate and government staff
- Experience and/or understanding of cost-plus-award-fee (CPAF) government contracts
- Highly motivated, self-learner, and technically inquisitive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are seeking a Deputy Program Manager to join our team supporting our NGA customer in St. Louis, MO.
TekSynap is a fast-growing high-tech company that understands both the pace of technology today and the need to have a comprehensive well planned information management environment. "Technology moving at the speed of thought" embodies these principles - the need to nimbly utilize the best that information technology offers to meet the business needs of our Federal Government customers.
We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com .
Apply now to explore jobs with us! Additional Job Information COMPETENCIES
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Customer Service
- Oral Communication
- Written Communication
- Organization and Planning
- Interpersonal Awareness
- Establish Focus
- Change Management
- Build Relationships
- Analytical Thinking
- Conceptual Thinking
- Results Oriented
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Location: St. Louis, MO TekSynap partner offices
- Type of environment: Office
- Noise level: Medium
- Work schedule: Schedule is day shift. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
- Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle, feel, touch; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Citizenship: U.S. Citizenship
Clearance requirement: active TS/SCI with Polygraph OTHER DUTIES
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
To provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status"). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.