West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
Sr. Associate, Project Management
As a Sr Associate (Project Management) at Capital One, you will drive strategy and execute on high priority risk data management projects for the company. You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You will take on important and exciting responsibilities from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company. You will foster the culture of MiDaS and A&I and be a critical piece to the team vision and values. You will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements.General Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will:
- Support a centralized portfolio of workflow, roadmaps, communications, and help to govern data management initiatives utilizing a customer focused approach
- Partner with the team to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Manage team communication and engagement strategy with key stakeholders and broader risk organization
- Utilize Vessel to send large scale communications
- Develop and maintain templates
- Manage internal team platforms: Pulse, Google Drive, Confluence
- Help to carry and develop team culture and cohesiveness
- Utilize excellent communication and partnership skills, which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders at all levels across the company to manage and inform outcomes
- Uphold relationships and feedback loops with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Including dynamic initiatives to measure performance: Net Promoter Score System, Stakeholder Empathy Tours
- Identify ways to innovate and streamline business processes
- Test and learn novel approaches and technologies to managing team projects and horizontal initiatives
- Exhibit a proven track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage the work in a dynamic complex environment
- Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands
- Demonstrate quality problem solving, collaboration and influencing skills
- Drive meaningful insights and inform business decisions through data analysis and targeted reporting
- Including: Monthly Business Reports (MBRs) reporting metrics and results to partner Business Risk Units
- Brand ambassador and MiDaS team culture steward
- Opportunity to support senior leadership and broader Analytics and Innovation organization through the A&I Community Engagement Team, branding, communications and event management
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities. They're comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy cutting through distractions to discern priorities and create structure where none exists
- Understand the big picture but is also able to execute with close attention to detail
- Build relationships and influence across levels and functions
- Ask why, explore, and want to learn
- Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
- At least 2 Years of Project Management experience
- At least 1 year of experience using PowerPoint or Google Slides
- At least 1 year of experience using Excel or Google Sheets
- Masters / MBA degree
- 4+ years of Project Management experience
- 3+ years of experience in PowerPoint or Google Slides
- 3+ years of experience in Excel or Google Sheets
- 1+ years of experience in Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence)
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One offers a comprehensive, competitive, and inclusive set of health, financial and other benefits that support your total well-being. Learn more at the Capital One Careers website . Eligibility varies based on full or part-time status, exempt or non-exempt status, and management level.
No agencies please. Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender reassignment, citizenship, immigration status, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited under applicable federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@capitalone.com . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to Careers@capitalone.com
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).